Questions about the Sanctuary area

Reckoning

Hi sailing on Sun Princess November and have a few questions about the Sanctuary area.

Is it worth it?

If you pay for the cabana at 80 for a half day is that per person? Does it include the entrance to the sanctuary itself? If I did the cabana for half the day can i then stay in the sanctuary the whole day?

What is a half day what is a full day?

Sun has an area called the retreat pool with a cabana is that worth it over the sanctuary?

any and all info welcome

5 minutes ago, Reckoning said:

Hi sailing on Sun Princess November and have a few questions about the Sanctuary area.

Is it worth it?

If you pay for the cabana at 80 for a half day is that per person? Does it include the entrance to the sanctuary itself? If I did the cabana for half the day can i then stay in the sanctuary the whole day?

What is a half day what is a full day?

Sun has an area called the retreat pool with a cabana is that worth it over the sanctuary?

any and all info welcome

No one yet knows details about the Sun Sanctuary area.  The ship has not yet set sail.

Generally speaking, the half day hours are 8-12:30, 1-5. And no, once your half day is done, it's done.. there's nowhere to just hang out before or after..

To me, the Sanctuary isn't worth it at all. Others rush to book it every single cruise.. YMMV 

Can anybody confirm the pricing on the cabanas???

Of course, it might be different on the Sun, or by the time we board the Sun..

But, just in case the loungers are all booked up, then we would consider a cabana.

Same on the Enchanted we have booked...  Back-2-Back cruisers might have the loungers in the Sanctuary almost all booked up.

If cabanas are available for 1/2 day,  that would be more budget friendly!

My two cents...  We are those who are waiting at the doors to get checked in and board at the first possible call,  and go straight up to the Sanctuary to book a couple of days.  We have loved it...  especially on Regal.  The newer Sanctuary areas just don't have the look/feel and nice common area.

Nowhere to sit in an actual seating area and have breakfast/lunch etc.   Just those chairs sitting out in the open in the sun.

• Like 1

Hoping to reserve for our full cruise on Enchanted for Canada New England in August.  We think the price for a full cruise is very fair.  ($30.00 per person per day).

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Can anybody confirm the pricing on the cabanas???

Cabanas in the Sanctuary are $220 for the day.  I don't know if they do half days for the Cabanas.  It is definitely our happy place onboard!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Reckoning said:

have a few questions about the Sanctuary area.

Is it worth it?

Others love it, and good for them (to each their own...), but it seems like a screaming bore to me...but that's me.

My wife, however, booked it last June on the Emerald Princess.  She likes to have an available lounger without any hassles, hence her booking it for the entire 7 days....but even she said there were plenty of loungers nearby the adults-only retreat pool, so the Sanctuary really didn't have a lot of upside for the cost.  Yeah, they serve some nice snacks, but there are plenty of other food options on the ship.  Same for drinks - there are plenty of bars nearby. 

Anyway, with that in mind, she's not interested in booking it again for our upcoming 10-day Enchanted Princess cruise.  (I was kind of surprised).

For us we appreciated the quieter, more serene environment.  No pool splashing, no kids running around, peaceful music that’s not blaring in your ears.  Getting up and going to lunch or a dip in the pool at The Retreat or the hot tub and knowing your lounge is still there waiting for your return.

Servce is outstanding and very personal.  By the second day the staff knows what you like to drink and when.  My cucumber infused water was always brought to me as soon as we arrived.  The afternoon tea trolly is just a lovely way to end the day.  

To be honest, we’re not really fixating on getting our money’s worth so we’re not looking at the Sanctuary in terms of how much it costs.  For us having the convenience of a quiet, fairly private area  to use whenever we want is worth it to us.

• Like 5