Valiant Lady / Live / Feb 3 - 10 2024

scubagal44

A few miscellaneous notes -

This is my third and hubby's second VV cruise, the most recent of which was our trip in October 2023 on Scarlet Lady. My first time sailing on Valiant was October 2022 in the Med, at which time I bought an MNVV that was used for this upcoming sailing. 

We have around $1400 of Loot and Bar Tab, pretty sure we'll have no trouble getting through it. 

This trip is to celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary, we do a trip every year for our anni and have never been home on the actual day. Winning!

Finally, I'm an avid traveler and about 5 years ago I realized that the goal of visiting 40 countries before turning 40 was within reach. On this trip, I will be visiting my 40th country with over a year to spare. 🤗

• Like 18

7 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

Looking forward to this one! I miss that ship!

7 minutes ago, blarko said:

Joining in on the fun. Have the best cruise!

Thanks for coming along!

• Like 2

The captain just announced that this flight is going to San Jose, Costa Rica. Then he corrected himself and said San Juan, Costa Rica. He is clearly still asleep and I'm not sure I want him flying this plane. 😆

• Haha 11

2 hours ago, scubagal44 said:

Guess we'll be making a run to the CVS by our hotel in Old San Juan sooner rather than later. 

That CVS gets really busy on port days. Both passengers and crew load up on things. (Mostly snacks & candies)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CineGraphic said:

That CVS gets really busy on port days. Both passengers and crew load up on things. (Mostly snacks & candies)

Thanks for the note, I'll plan to go after ships are gone for the day!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, scubagal44 said:

A few miscellaneous notes -

This is my third and hubby's second VV cruise, the most recent of which was our trip in October 2023 on Scarlet Lady. My first time sailing on Valiant was October 2022 in the Med, at which time I bought an MNVV that was used for this upcoming sailing. 

We have around $1400 of Loot and Bar Tab, pretty sure we'll have no trouble getting through it. 

This trip is to celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary, we do a trip every year for our anni and have never been home on the actual day. Winning!

Finally, I'm an avid traveler and about 5 years ago I realized that the goal of visiting 40 countries before turning 40 was within reach. On this trip, I will be visiting my 40th country with over a year to spare. 🤗

Congrats on your anniversary! And wow that's a lot of loot and bar tab, lol!! Enjoy spending it 🙂 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, scubagal44 said:

The captain just announced that this flight is going to San Jose, Costa Rica. Then he corrected himself and said San Juan, Costa Rica. He is clearly still asleep and I'm not sure I want him flying this plane. 😆

Maybe he needs more coffee 🤣

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, scubagal44 said:

Also, I think I forgot to pack my toothbrush. Boo. Guess we'll be making a run to the CVS by our hotel in Old San Juan sooner rather than later. 

Your hotel may have some toothbrushes but CVS is a better bet if you like a particular kind.

And which country will be your 40th one?!

Edited by TravelE
correction

Looking forward to reading about your trip.  I see your name is scubagal.  do you plan to dive this trip?  we had wanted to book this itinerary just for the awesome dive opportunities but there were no rock star suites left in sept when they booted us off our original booking to give Valiant to this itinerary.  

58 minutes ago, herdfans4 said:

Looking forward to reading about your trip.  I see your name is scubagal.  do you plan to dive this trip?  we had wanted to book this itinerary just for the awesome dive opportunities but there were no rock star suites left in sept when they booted us off our original booking to give Valiant to this itinerary.  

Hi! No, we decided not to dive this trip. Diving is super fun (we're both dive pros in addition to our day jobs, so we obviously love it lol) but sometimes isn't the most relaxing activity. We planned this trip to just chill out, but we'll definitely visit Curaçao on a land based dive trip in the future!

• Like 4

Got an Uber to the hotel for $18 including tip, and now about to get cleaned up and go out exploring. We have plans to check out a spot that @sid_9169 visited on his recent port day in San Juan, so thanks to him for the inspo! 

• Like 7

Definitely following along!!  We're on the same itinerary on March 2nd!!  Glad you made it to San Juan safely!!  I'm curious about how embarkation is...  The first one was a cluster, from what I've seen.  I'm hoping they get it figured out before we board.

Frederick

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fsdorado said:

Definitely following along!!  We're on the same itinerary on March 2nd!!  Glad you made it to San Juan safely!!  I'm curious about how embarkation is...  The first one was a cluster, from what I've seen.  I'm hoping they get it figured out before we board.

Frederick

I'm certainly hoping they have it figured out by this Saturday, but I don't hold my breath. 😆 I'll report back!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BethesdaSC said:

2 will be joining you Saturday afternoon! Vic and Sharon. We’re Virgin Virgins but have cruised before 😊

Awesome! You'll find us at a bar. 😉

• Like 2

We had a fabulous evening at Antiguo 26, tried all the drinks off of the first page of the menu plus a couple off-menu drinks. All were great, and the food was equally delicious. Highly recommend if you're in San Juan and looking for tasty drinks and a great atmosphere. Our mixologist was part artist and part scientist. 

20240201_170212.jpg

20240201_171343.jpg

20240201_171404.jpg

20240201_174600.jpg

20240201_182928.jpg

20240201_183656.jpg

20240201_184304.jpg

20240201_184722.jpg

• Like 10