Cruise disappeared for March 25

Suite Susie

We were just checking the dates of our Caribbean cruise booked on Explora II for March 25th as we would need to book our flights soon from the UK and our trip has totally disappeared from the Explora website. She is now sailing across the Atlantic at the time we were due to be on her. Have not been informed of this and are very disappointed. I’ll be calling my TA first thing in the morning to find out what is going on. Anybody else been affected by this?

4 hours ago, Suite Susie said:

She is now sailing across the Atlantic at the time we were due to be on her. Have not been informed of this and are very disappointed. I’ll be calling my TA first thing in the morning to find out what is going on. Anybody else been affected by this?

They made the change to that sailing (and several others for that time frame on both Explora 1 and 2 back in late November/early Dec 2023 - I am amazed that Explora Journeys or your TA didn’t contact you about it as ours certainly did at the time 

We are in the UK and our TA did not know about the change / cancellation. They contacted Explora today who said they had emailed them, which was never received. All very strange. Explora are supposed to be getting back to our Agent with some sort of resolution, but so far they haven’t.  I’m just grateful that we discovered this before we had booked our flights and hotels etc. 

• Like 1

We too had an issue when Explora cancelled their inaugural less than three weeks. They sent the email to a junk mass box which was ridiculous for something so critical. The resolution was extremely poor. Don’t expect much. 
What bothers me most now is they don’t seem to have learned any lessons based on your experience 

Good luck in getting it a fair outcome and a great replacement holiday 

Edited by uktog

• 2 weeks later...

Well you were all right, Explora were only prepared to give us our deposit back which they have had for 6 months. Have cautiously rebooked with them for a back to back Med cruise for April / May 2025.  Wasn't prepared to take the risk of booking a cruise with them where a long haul flight was needed. Needless to say we will be regularly checking that our new cruises are still being listed!

I think this issue just reinforces two of our big issues that has kept us from even considering another EJ cruise.  #1.  Lack of communication and #2.  EJ seems to think that their future itineraries are just advisory, and they can change whatever they want, when they want, with no explanation or penalty.  

Perhaps this all fits with what we kept hearing on EJ1, "we are not a cruise line, but rather a resort"  IMHO, EJ is off to an awful start with little regard for their customers (current or future).  There is a lot of good things on EJ1 (especially the cuisine) but the company management falls short in too many ways.  We are sitting on the sidelines (and booking other cruise lines) until EJ has some time to get their act together.

Hank

• Like 1

On 2/18/2024 at 4:46 PM, Hlitner said:

I think this issue just reinforces two of our big issues that has kept us from even considering another EJ cruise.  #1.  Lack of communication and #2.  EJ seems to think that their future itineraries are just advisory, and they can change whatever they want, when they want, with no explanation or penalty.  

Perhaps this all fits with what we kept hearing on EJ1, "we are not a cruise line, but rather a resort"  IMHO, EJ is off to an awful start with little regard for their customers (current or future).  There is a lot of good things on EJ1 (especially the cuisine) but the company management falls short in too many ways.  We are sitting on the sidelines (and booking other cruise lines) until EJ has some time to get their act together.

Hank

You are probably right Hank, but our risking it for a B2B cruise in Europe next Spring, where the airfare risk won’t be as high for us living in the UK.