Quest Penthouse Spa Suites - Stairs

We are considering a Penthouse or Penthouse Spa suite on Quest but are confused about access to the Penthouse Spa suites - which we are being told is by a spiral staircase from the spa. We are not the most mobile of people and staircases can be exhausting. Can anyone with experience let us know approximately the size of the staircase and any other information on the Spa Suite?

You may want to take a look at this Penthouse Spa Suite tour video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P_rdSo4new&t=350s.  The very beginning shows the staircase that leads to the Penthouse Spa suites on the Odyssey-class ships (Odyssey, Quest and Sojourn).  There is a chair lift but reviews I have read indicate that others have not seen it in use.  On those three ships, access to the Spa Suites is only via that staircase.

If mobility is a challenge, the Penthouse Spa Suite on the Quest (or her sister ships) may not be the best option for you.  (Note that on the Encore and Ovation there is elevator access to the Penthouse Spa Suite). 

However, the Penthouse Suites on the Quest (found on the forward sections of Decks 9 and 10) won't be an issue for mobility as they are easily accessed by forward elevator.  Hope that helps!

There is a spiral staircase leading to the Penthouse Spa Suites on Quest, Odessey,  and Sojourn.  If you have a hard time with stairs I would not recommend.  We stay in these suites most of the time and I  have never seen the chairlift in use.  On one cruise we were on a gentleman injured himself and the chair lift didn’t work.  Fortunately they were able to change cabins.  The views are great and the suites very nice but you do have to be comfortable with stairs.  As I recall there were about 10?  I never counted but it’s not a few and not a lot.

I have had someone carry up my carry on for me.  Only had to carry my purse.…. They are very accommodating but again if you aren’t comfortable with stairs it’s probably best to choose a regular penthouse suite.  They are also very nice!

Thanks all - for once on CC everyone seems to be of the same view!

We have been traveller on Encore and Ovation in most of or recent years - it was pre-spa suites that we  were last on Quest - and were not aware of the stairs on Quest and Sojourn, unlike Encore and Ovation, until we looked closely.

All your contributions have been very helpful and it will be a Penthouse on this ship

Thanks again