TV Onboard Celebrity Cruises, more specifically Solstice or Solstice serie

Not an easy one:  I will have my tablet while onboard my upcoming celebrity Solstice cruise and I usually bring a USB cable to plug it in and watch, late at night, movies that I have on my tablet.  I was just wondering if anyone, by any chance, knows if the TV onboard Solstice have a USB port or an HDMI port in the back to plug in...tks for your help

Edited by Niavlys Ruofud
Typo

18 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

It’s just a cable.  Pack it just in case.  

“Better to have it and not use it than to need it and not have it”

@cruisestitchNot really, it could be an hdmi cable, a usb cable, a coax cable, etc...I'll need a spare suitcase just to bring different cables ...So, I gather from your response is that you dont know... 

On the Silhouette last month and Equinox and in October I was able to connect my iPhone via a HDMI converter to the HDMI input in the back of the TV.   Not sure if the Solstice has the same TVs though since it hasn't been "revolutionized".

I had to use the following steps on the TV remote to access the menu to select the HDMI input:

On the remote, press the CC button, then Menu, scroll down to support, scroll down to source list, and you can choose HDMI as the source to view your tablet.  I had the premium WiFi and had no problem streaming on my iPhone and my Fire tablet but also had some content downloaded.

I am not sure if there was a USB connection.

Enjoy your cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, 1620rock said:

On the Silhouette last month and Equinox and in October I was able to connect my iPhone via a HDMI converter to the HDMI input in the back of the TV.   Not sure if the Solstice has the same TVs though since it hasn't been "revolutionized".

I had to use the following steps on the TV remote to access the menu to select the HDMI input:

On the remote, press the CC button, then Menu, scroll down to support, scroll down to source list, and you can choose HDMI as the source to view your tablet.  I had the premium WiFi and had no problem streaming on my iPhone and my Fire tablet but also had some content downloaded.

I am not sure if there was a USB connection.

Enjoy your cruise. 

Wow, thank you very much for the info.  My guess was that it would be an HDMI and I will hope that it will be like the Silhouette and Equinox.  Tks again 

I'm the ultimate hacker and very familiar with the TV's on the Celebrity Fleet.  I was on Solstice last year and will be on her again in April.

Yes they have USB and 2-3 HDMI depending on ship and cabin class.   I always use the HDMI input but know that the USB does have the ability to use a media player to view images and I presume video.

I've posted this video a number of times that show how you access the ports using the rooms remote.   Universal Remotes no longer work.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm the ultimate hacker and very familiar with the TV's on the Celebrity Fleet.  I was on Solstice last year and will be on her again in April.

Yes they have USB and 2-3 HDMI depending on ship and cabin class.   I always use the HDMI input but know that the USB does have the ability to use a media player to view images and I presume video.

I've posted this video a number of times that show how you access the ports using the rooms remote.   Universal Remotes no longer work.

Thanks, will watch the video.  Am in Aquaclass on Solstice in February doing the Asia tour.  Will bring an HDMI cable.  Tks again

Just now, Niavlys Ruofud said:

Thanks, will watch the video.  Am in Aquaclass on Solstice in February doing the Asia tour.  Will bring an HDMI cable.  Tks again

Should be really easy for you.    As I understand it - Aqua Class Cabins and Sky Suites have the TV's mounted on tilting mounts so easy access.     In the upper suites they are mounted flat inside indented frames.    Can always be a challenge getting my hand in the small space to get an HDMI plugged in. 

8 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Should be really easy for you.    As I understand it - Aqua Class Cabins and Sky Suites have the TV's mounted on tilting mounts so easy access.     In the upper suites they are mounted flat inside indented frames.    Can always be a challenge getting my hand in the small space to get an HDMI plugged in. 

Is the universal remote essential or is there another way to see the ports? 

• 2 months later...
On 2/3/2024 at 12:04 PM, Jim_Iain said:

@Jim_Iain I saw a post today that on the Eclipse they have disabled the ability to change the input on the TVs and that they have swapped out the remotes to a "dumb" remote (see below). Can you confirm whether this has happened on the Solstice and if so, can we still do some magic to access the inputs? we will be joining you in Hawaii shortly and were wondering if we are going to be able to watch movies.  thanks.  

image.png.369c492e7a1360d769f2b516ae78e3fe.png

2 hours ago, Lainey334 said:

@Jim_Iain I saw a post today that on the Eclipse they have disabled the ability to change the input on the TVs and that they have swapped out the remotes to a "dumb" remote (see below). Can you confirm whether this has happened on the Solstice and if so, can we still do some magic to access the inputs? we will be joining you in Hawaii shortly and were wondering if we are going to be able to watch movies.  thanks.  

Solstice is still the same as before.   I've been using it so much I don't think I even have to look at the buttons.

I'm wondering if they have done that in all rooms or specific rooms.    On Apex we had 3 different remotes --- one looked like that but was used to have the TV drop from the ceiling.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lainey334 said:

Further update.  I spoke to someone that had that remote on a different ship.  They just asked for the one with cc button. 

Today i ran my hand along bottom right.  Solstice has older TV’s and there is a button. 

Power, Volume, Source

IMG_4426.thumb.jpeg.fe5af9fa17114b3a5513554f1484a267.jpeg

IMG_4427.thumb.jpeg.79012f86af665a5bb86da6d0c7a1344c.jpeg

IMG_4428.thumb.jpeg.b4e2d2f65f5120871108101ef7ace069.jpeg

Click once to move to right hold to select 

• Like 1