Bar hours question

bluesplayer

First Viking Ocean cruise.  Have sailed on a river cruise.  We purchased the Silver Spirit beverage package.  On the river cruise seemed the bar was only open about an hour before dinner and an hour after.  Does anyone have an idea of their hours?  Much thanks…

11 minutes ago, bluesplayer said:

First Viking Ocean cruise.  Have sailed on a river cruise.  We purchased the Silver Spirit beverage package.  On the river cruise seemed the bar was only open about an hour before dinner and an hour after.  Does anyone have an idea of their hours?  Much thanks…

Following are the hours for the lounges and bars on our cruise which ended a few days ago:

Aquavit Bar 10am - 10pm

Explorers' Lounge 10am - midnight

Pool Bar 10am - 5pm

The Living Room 9am - midnight

Torshavn 9pm - closing

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bluesplayer said:

Even better!!!  Who knew???  Thank you!!!

With the SS package, you can get doubles, triples or whatever (the $18 price cap of the SS package applies to the cost of a single only). If like me, a bourbon drinker, I usually just get a glass of bourbon that is enough for several drinks and can then pour over ice with a splash of water as desired.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, bluesplayer said:

Not sure of which river cruise you took, but I can say with 100% certainty that the river cruise bar was open and  available for drinks anytime after 12 noon until (in my case) about 11pm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ropomo said:

With the SS package, you can get doubles, triples or whatever (the $18 price cap of the SS package applies to the cost of a single only). If like me, a bourbon drinker, I usually just get a glass of bourbon that is enough for several drinks and can then pour over ice with a splash of water as desired.

Also Bourbon guy here.  On Star last month, enjoyed Woodford Reserve with SSBP.  Was always asked if it should be a double.  You know my answer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, springtravel said:

We were on the Sky in April and discovered they had Buffalo Trace in Torshaven. Needless to say, we stopped there before heading to Explorer's Lounge.

On Star, Dec/Jan.  they had Buf Trace in Explorers and Aquavit.  Tried it for 1st time, but did not really fancy It's flavor profile.  Preferred Woodford Reserve.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, rmalbers said:

The Explorer's bar was open before 10:00am on the VO cruise I was on in Sept.  Actually I think it opened at the same time as the waffle place near it. I was there a lot!

Last week on Sea, I had a waffle at Mamsen's and ordered a mimosa around 9:30 am.  The bar in the Explorer's Lounge was not open and they went elsewhere (probably the Living Room) to get it.