questions regarding internet and phone

3 minutes ago, joiedevivre said:

I know that we get included wifi and internet. How about using your cell phone to call home once a day. Also, can you use zoom on board for meetings in Florida ?

I believe you would need the Stream package which is included with Penthouse Suites and above and Diamond status or above.  If you don't qualify, then you would need to pay to upgrade from the included Surf package to the Stream package.

https://www.seabourn.com/en/us/wifi

You can use your phone to make a wifi call on WhatsApp (or another service that works on wifi, like Facebook) without any upgrade. I suspect you could also use Zoom if participants turn off cameras, especially given the Starlink upgrade. 

If you do need to upgrade to the streaming level service, you must buy it for every day remaining on your cruise, so the price will go down every day you wait to upgrade.

2 hours ago, DubDublady said:

I’m onboard Venture and have been using What’sApp to send pictures home. I’m presuming it’s free…Hope so

Yes, absolutely it is.  It is internet.  I send pictures, messages and videos on WA whilst on board and even have the odd call or two. 

29 minutes ago, Croozing Prof said:

I was wondering if anyone has used Zoom onboard? Is the signal good enough to run a meeting during sea days? 

My husband used zoom a couple of times for meetings on 2 different sailings.  We had the upgraded internet package.  It worked fine for him.   However, can’t  guarantee it works all the time.

Nancy

Edited by nancygp

2 hours ago, nancygp said:

My husband used zoom a couple of times for meetings on 2 different sailings.  We had the upgraded internet package.  It worked fine for him.   However, can’t  guarantee it works all the time.

Nancy

Thanks, Nancy. We’re scheduled for Hawaii January 2025. I teach and am curious if I can conduct my lesson on Zoom.

Appreciate the input.