Solis Outdoor Dining on Encore and Ovation

Sunprince

5 hours ago, Croooser said:

No. We lost the res for week one and had the day changed from what we had reserved for week two. Best to contact Seabourn to clarify what you have. 

No big deal for us. We do wonder if it will be more crowded in the other venues? Guess we will just roll with it.

HTH

Seabourn Reservations <seareservations@seabourn.com>

I think it will be OK, there's plenty of room and may get some people to enjoy the table service in Collonade in the evenings.  The TK/Solis staff should be available too if TK is closed.

Edited by stan01
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Croooser said:

Best to contact Seabourn to clarify what you have. 

Haha. When I called Seabourn for clarification, they could see the same two original reservations I can see, including on April 22. Not going to worry about it!

Oddly, among the three emails in three days we received from Seabourn regarding our Solis reservations, none was worded anything like the note you posted. 

My question is (and I'm looking forward to the new Solis experience) what will this do to Earth & Ocean? Previously, it (E/O) was the "only" (not counting Colonnade) outdoor dining in the evening. With the new outdoor venue, perhaps something else will come to E/O?

Best, jdk

4 hours ago, jdk-atlga said:

My question is (and I'm looking forward to the new Solis experience) what will this do to Earth & Ocean? Previously, it (E/O) was the "only" (not counting Colonnade) outdoor dining in the evening. With the new outdoor venue, perhaps something else will come to E/O?

Best, jdk

I'm hoping no change for E&O, its an informal experience by the pool whereas Solis is still intended to be reserved in advance and the premier dining location on the ship.  The Solis outdoor dining area is only on Encore and Ovation which had a little used patio area similar to that of Colonnade one deck down (extra deck on these ships).  Sojourn and Quest do not get an outdoor Solis area.

Since it is booked in advance, my guess is they will only book to the indoor capacity in case of bad weather they won't want a lot of disappointed passengers.  They either will move people outdoors in good weather, if desired, and leave indoor tables empty or will accept more walk ins to fill the tables.  Or maybe a little of both, time will tell.  If Solis proves to be very popular (I think it will) there may be some customers who want to eat their much more often than once a week.  Some people might even want to eat there every night so Seabourn will have to manage that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Vicky L said:

Just look at the menu of Solis, I think Thomas Keller menu better than Solis, no  more Lobster Thermidor.

I guess it depends where you come from and your tastes. I hadn't had the Lobster Thermidor since TK first opened and wasn't keen on it then. Since I kept hearing people rave about it when on Sojourn a few weeks ago I though to try it again. Still not a fan, way too much butter and in Australia we make the sauce with cream, tarragon, Djion mustard, and chives grilled in the oven.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2024 at 2:44 AM, Tallante said:

You book Solis under the TK section.  It confirms on your itinerary as Solis.

I tried to make it for the April 14 Transatlantic and it says it isn't available to book..HMMM

3 hours ago, paladin757 said:

I tried to make it for the April 14 Transatlantic and it says it isn't available to book..HMMM

We are also booked on that crossing and we were able to book.  Are you using the source app or thru the website?  You could also see if your TA could assist.

3 hours ago, SDuckers said:

We are also booked on that crossing and we were able to book.  Are you using the source app or thru the website?  You could also see if your TA could assist.

I was trying it on the website.. but got it done with the Seabourn agents.. all set.. 

• Like 1