Solis Outdoor Dining on Encore and Ovation

Sunprince

I wonder how they will handle advance bookings?  They can't really add seating capacity in advance in case the weather is poor.  Maybe they will allow more walk-ins or day-of reservations?

Edited by stan01
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2024 at 2:44 PM, stan01 said:

I wonder how they will handle advance bookings?  They can't really add seating capacity in advance in case the weather is poor.  Maybe they will allow more walk-ins or day-of reservations?

I Imagine it will be same as operated on the outdoor deck on the Colonnade, but am happy to be corrected by anyone who knows more details. Looks fab, BTW. 

The outside dining area for Solis will be a welcome addition, especially in the Med.  Does anyone have any updates on when Solis will appear on Ovation beyond sometime this spring?  

7 minutes ago, netpj said:

The outside dining area for Solis will be a welcome addition, especially in the Med.  Does anyone have any updates on when Solis will appear on Ovation beyond sometime this spring?  

We have Solis Resv on Ovation Apr 2nd

On 2/23/2024 at 5:04 AM, Cantara24 said:

We have Solis Resv on Ovation Apr 2nd

We have Solis Reservations on Ovation March 6 & 13. They were originally made for TK but they converted them over a month ago. I guess Solis is live on the Ovation starting on or before March 3rd. Anyone currently on board Ovation to confirm? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kstornado said:

How did you make your Solis reservation? We are on the Ovation in May. My account on Seabourn won't let me make Thomas Keller reservations either. Did you call?

I would call if you can't make them online and see what they say.  The login protected part of Seabourn's website has been flaky for a long time.

4 hours ago, Kstornado said:

How did you make your Solis reservation? We are on the Ovation in May. My account on Seabourn won't let me make Thomas Keller reservations either. Did you call?

You book Solis under the TK section.  It confirms on your itinerary as Solis.

16 hours ago, Katsings01 said:

We have Solis Reservations on Ovation March 6 & 13.

Interesting when we first booked Solis the earliest date we could get was April 7, went back month later and was able to get the 2nd. They must of advanced the opening to include more of the end of the Caribbean season. We now have 3 reservation dates.

8 hours ago, Tallante said:

You book Solis under the TK section.  It confirms on your itinerary as Solis.

This correct. We book TK late last year and they converted to Solis. Hopefully it is operational by then. 

We’re on Ovation now (26 Feb) and they have closed TK grill and have started the conversion to Solis. Ship full so dining venues even more crowded!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/25/2024 at 3:19 PM, notjaded said:

Anyone have insights on when Solis appears on the Encore?

I believe they plan on being ready for the April 29 cruise. We are on that sailing and have a reservation at Solis for May 1.

We are booked on Encore for 14 days 4/21-5/5. Seabourn has informed us that the conversion will take place starting March 16th with Solis scheduled to open on April 29th. Seems like they plan to get it done during the reposition from Singapore to Athens. 

We have had one of our two reservations cancelled due to the conversion activity.

We have decided that losing one dinner reservation is much, much better than having the cruise cancelled due to the relocation trip.

• Thanks 1

On 2/27/2024 at 8:23 AM, Croooser said:

We have had one of our two reservations cancelled due to the conversion activity

Didn't Seabourn make you a second reservation for the second week of your cruise? We are on that same cruise and among the flurry of semi-contradictory emails we received last week was one telling us our reservation for 4/22 had been shifted to 4/29 (and we already also had a reservation during the second week of the cruise). 

Of course, no changes are showing on our itinerary; original reservations remain.

I'm hoping there will be some kind of "soft opening" that first week, allowing passengers to dine at Solis without reservations. Given that conversion of the space was originally scheduled to take only a couple weeks and now they'll have more than a month with no passengers on board, plus the first week of our cruise, I would think they would be ready to try things out by April 21!

No. We lost the res for week one and had the day changed from what we had reserved for week two. Best to contact Seabourn to clarify what you have. 

No big deal for us. We do wonder if it will be more crowded in the other venues? Guess we will just roll with it.

HTH

Seabourn Reservations <seareservations@seabourn.com>

Dear Mr. and Mrs. .....,
Thank you for contacting Seabourn Cruise Line regarding your upcoming sailing aboard Encore on 21APR24 in reservation XXXXXX.

We are sincerely sorry for the change of schedule for Solis. It will be closed the first week of your sailing, so you will only have the 1 night scheduled for 03MAY at 6:45. Once onboard you can see Guest Services to be add to a waitlist for a second night that week if you wish.

Throughout the sailing, you have several other dining options to choose from. All other venues are open, and no reservations needed. The Restaurant is our main dining venue for dinner. The Colonnade has buffet and table service for breakfast and lunch, and table service only in the evening.
The Patio is buffet and table service for breakfast and lunch and transforms to Earth and Ocean in the evening.
There is also the Sushi Restaurant available for lunch and dinner.

We do apologize again for the confusion and the changes.

We hope this information has been helpful. Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
Kind Regards,

Xxxx.    
Seabourn Guest Services
Seabourn | Luxury Voyages and Expeditions
Xxx. Xxxxxxxxx 
w | www.seabourn.com