Watching Deals and Sales On Oceania Cruises for Sport

Sthrngary

Let’s just say their website is a bit off.  When I go to their webpage……the current sale that pops up automatically says “Winter Sale”.  Then the line below where all the current various offers out there shows “Summer Sale”. If you open both of them they state same thing….up to 40% and view the 50 cruises.  Oh boy. 🤣

I had a few itineraries that were interesting (either to book or as data) due to having "funky" pricing come and go recently on the sites I check. For example, before today the Canada/NE US cruises were 30% off, but today they are a higher price than I was seeing last weekend, so I'm guessing the base price went up or the discount went down, but I'm not interested enough to analyze which. The  December cruise I'm considering is down 10%, but we're not ready to commit yet.

My takeaways:

If you are not flexible with itinerary or timing, waiting for a sale is probably a bad idea.

If you are flexible, keep an eye on the sites other than O (or have a least two TAs, one in each consortium and/or an O-connected TA). Keep watch (you or your TA) on their sites since sales often show up before they are made public on O's site (and in some cases like the above, the sale price will be less than the O-website sale).

6 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

Let’s just say their website is a bit off.  When I go to their webpage……the current sale that pops up automatically says “Winter Sale”.  Then the line below where all the current various offers out there shows “Summer Sale”. If you open both of them they state same thing….up to 40% and view the 50 cruises.  Oh boy. 🤣

Weird...it says Summer Sale when I go to the main site

image.thumb.png.2c118e87b4d15f6011a42e7387fb434a.png

1 hour ago, ORV said:

Wanna spend a pile, take the kids or grandkids, or great grandkids to an amusement park. Wee Doggies. Or a big tourist area. One of the times I'm glad I don't have any, and I do like other people's kids and my nieces and nephews, but I ain't footing the bill for them at any of those places. 

Wee Doggies.    Love it! But shouldn't it be Wee Doggies!  ?   and yep; we spent 3 days at Disneyland in March; had to add Star Wars Nite - yes, Nite - not Night.

• Haha 1

Remember it is WINTER in the southern hemisphere.

When I planned my bucket-list trip to Paraguay in 2022 I spend a lot of time agonizing over when to go. Looking at their fall (our spring) or their spring (our fall). Their summer (our winter) too hot. Ended up in April-May and had perfect weather.