free drinks in bars onboard?

JTor

Hi, sorry I can’t find this info anywhere.  If we go into a bar or lounge for entertainment, games, etc is there anything there we can order that is included? Tea, coffee, iced tea, water…..? or is everything an up charge? If so, do they frown on people going to the soda fountains and bringing the free soda into the bar/lounge areas….?  It seems very non-intuitive to me that non-alcoholic drinks are “included” but only in some locations not others…..

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JTor said:

Hi, sorry I can’t find this info anywhere.  If we go into a bar or lounge for entertainment, games, etc is there anything there we can order that is included? Tea, coffee, iced tea, water…..? or is everything an up charge? If so, do they frown on people going to the soda fountains and bringing the free soda into the bar/lounge areas….?  It seems very non-intuitive to me that non-alcoholic drinks are “included” but only in some locations not others…..

Drinks in the bars/lounges have a cost.  I'm not sure about asking for a glass of regular water, but bottled water will have a cost.

There's no issue getting soft drink (or coffee, or tea, hot chocolate) from the drink station and bringing it into the lounge area to drink.  Those drinks are "free" from the drink stations, and in the dining rooms, and buffet.

• Thanks 1

I have often carried a hot tea or coffee into a bar or lounge, and no one ever said anything about it. When asked if I'd like anything to drink, I simply say no, and I'm not usually asked again.

I think you can get tap water at no cost, though I haven't tried that. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/12/2024 at 1:54 PM, breezy_carol said:

A spin off question (this will be our first Disney cruise), can I pour wine into a cup in my cabin then carry it with me to dinner or a lounge?  I have a Corkcicle I did this with on my last RCL cruise.

Wine/beer brought onboard is to be consumed in your room, or you can bring the wine (not sure about the beer) to the MDR to be enjoyed with dinner.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2024 at 12:54 PM, breezy_carol said:

A spin off question (this will be our first Disney cruise), can I pour wine into a cup in my cabin then carry it with me to dinner or a lounge?  I have a Corkcicle I did this with on my last RCL cruise.

We have often taken a glass to dinner and it's never been questioned. DH even goes as far as to request glasses from a bar, and that's never been an issue either. Haven't tried the lounge but also there's nothing preventing you from ordering a glass in one place and walking around with it to another lounge. Not like you can really tell if a glass of wine is a one of the brands offered on board once in the glass, right? 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2024 at 7:52 PM, Shmoo here said:

Drinks in the bars/lounges have a cost.  I'm not sure about asking for a glass of regular water, but bottled water will have a cost.

There's no issue getting soft drink (or coffee, or tea, hot chocolate) from the drink station and bringing it into the lounge area to drink.  Those drinks are "free" from the drink stations, and in the dining rooms, and buffet.

Never had an issue asking for a glass of water in the adult clubs. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2024 at 10:16 AM, carohs said:

We have often taken a glass to dinner and it's never been questioned. DH even goes as far as to request glasses from a bar, and that's never been an issue either. Haven't tried the lounge but also there's nothing preventing you from ordering a glass in one place and walking around with it to another lounge. Not like you can really tell if a glass of wine is a one of the brands offered on board once in the glass, right? 

We always do the same. Other lines include corkage if you purchase a drink package, but on Disney there is no drink package so you will need to pay corkage if you bring your own bottle of wine to the MDR. 

we have never had an issue bringing a glass of wine from the room or requesting glasses from the steward or one of the bars.

On 2/12/2024 at 2:54 PM, breezy_carol said:

There is nobody policing where your beverage came from since you are free to move about the ship with an open container. They don't know if you got that glass from your room or from another bar on the ship. We had late dining so I always brought a glass of wine with me to the show. I did order a glass of wine with dinner and then swung by my room and did a refill to bring to the lounge later in the evening. Also remember that you can bring on two bottles of wine per person at each PORT. With the generous carry on policy, I really didn't spend all that much on drinks around the ship.

• Like 1