How do pre-paid gratuities from your TA show up on your account?

Torquer

We booked our upcoming cruise at the cruise-only fare.  This was before Simply More started.  Our travel agency is giving us pre-paid gratuities as one of their perks.  How does this show up on our Oceania account?  I see nothing about it when I look at my account on Oceania's site.  I see OBC from being an NCLH stockholder but nothing else.  On our other favorite cruise line, TA pre-paid gratuities do show directly on that cruise line's account.  Obviously, when I go to my TA's website it shows up, but I want to know if it is supposed to also be on O's account.  This is the first time we had TA-provided gratuities on O, so I just don't know.

3 minutes ago, Torquer said:

We booked our upcoming cruise at the cruise-only fare.  This was before Simply More started.  Our travel agency is giving us pre-paid gratuities as one of their perks.  How does this show up on our Oceania account?  I see nothing about it when I look at my account on Oceania's site.  I see OBC from being an NCLH stockholder but nothing else.  On our other favorite cruise line, TA pre-paid gratuities do show directly on that cruise line's account.  Obviously, when I go to my TA's website it shows up, but I want to know if it is supposed to also be on O's account.  This is the first time we had TA-provided gratuities on O, so I just don't know.

I’m far from an expert here but I think it may depend if the prepaid gratuities are strictly from your TA or if they are part of promotion Oceania has with your TA’s consortium. If the latter they should show up.  If the former I don’t think they will show up similar to any SBC from your TA not showing up, at least this is the way it works for me.  Just make sure have copy of TA’s account page in case. But for me they have then showed up once I access my account once onboard on the tv.  

No , it doesn’t show up on the online acct. You might see it on the invoice if your TA uses the Oceania invoice and it is an Ocapp pass through or other consortium. If it’s directly from the TA then when you get to your room it should be on a card in your stack of documents. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, ORV said:

No , it doesn’t show up on the online acct. You might see it on the invoice if your TA uses the Oceania invoice and it is an Ocapp pass through or other consortium. If it’s directly from the TA then when you get to your room it should be on a card in your stack of documents. 

+1

Be specific with your TA. I know of O cruisers that were told by their TA they ( the TA) was paying the gratuities.. What it really meant was they were putting significant funds into their account as OBC to cover the gratuities. After blowing through said OBC, the gratuities still had to actually be paid. 

Understand clearly what has been offered and provided.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1