Icon pricing off the chain.,

1 minute ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

That is what I think is happening with Royal pricing.

They have been able to bounce the "retail" prices to higher levels in the 2023 year of revenge travel with almost near total occupancy on multiple ships during the 3rd and 4th quarter of 2023.

The CEO is stating that 2024 bookings are stronger than ever and cruisers are spending more onboard than before.

Maybe better to allow a larger percentage of cabins go empty and keep existing cruisers at a higher price point?

I just saw a TA offering multiple dates for icon. Seems like $2700 and up. Insides and OVs. Not balconys. Maybe sept was lower than that. Clearly royal is discounting rates for TAs. Icon to me for familys with kids, I'm solo. Just doesnt call to me. The only date that was over 3k was nye. Rates were for 2 people. Not sure if I can book those rates or how it would work, just looking. I honestly believe demand isn't there for those huge prices people post here. And dont believe the hype that rcl is choosing to sail icon under 100% if they could sell all the cabins. 

I'm ready to see new ports or more unusual, not just newer ships. Lost my enthusiasm. 

29 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I just saw a TA offering multiple dates for icon. Seems like $2700 and up. Insides and OVs. Not balconys. Maybe sept was lower than that. Clearly royal is discounting rates for TAs. Icon to me for familys with kids, I'm solo. Just doesnt call to me. The only date that was over 3k was nye. Rates were for 2 people. Not sure if I can book those rates or how it would work, just looking. I honestly believe demand isn't there for those huge prices people post here. And dont believe the hype that rcl is choosing to sail icon under 100% if they could sell all the cabins. 

I'm ready to see new ports or more unusual, not just newer ships. Lost my enthusiasm. 

Too late to edit but I went back to look at the ad, sept OV, window, 2471 total for 2. The oct date was right at 2500ish for a OV. So 2 examples she listed were 2500 or less for icon. Says 1/3 of advertised price. If they can get rates for less than half direct booking, ..bookings are softer than people think, just my opinion. If it went out of PC I'd be tempted to ask. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Too late to edit but I went back to look at the ad, sept OV, window, 2471 total for 2. The oct date was right at 2500ish for a OV. So 2 examples she listed were 2500 or less for icon. Says 1/3 of advertised price. If they can get rates for less than half direct booking, ..bookings are softer than people think, just my opinion. If it went out of PC I'd be tempted to ask. 

Those are simply the left over group rates from the launch dates. There are still a handful of them left. But non-existent (that cheap) for anything after April 2025. 

A couple of weeks ago could have booked OV balcony for Sep24 and April25 for $2800. Now gone and rates are $6-7k.

We're definitely not looking at booking any further cruises. I can do a lot better trips for $1k/night base costs. 

Edited by Twenty2020
  • Like 1