Dinner in Puerto Vallarta

leerathje

I'm not on a cruise ship, but will be in Puerto Vallarta for a week...and I trust the opinion of Cruise Critic fans!  Hoping a local can recommend a nice place for dinner in Puerto Vallarta.....It's my hubby's birthday on February 18.

Thanks all!

Leanne

11 hours ago, leerathje said:

I'm not on a cruise ship, but will be in Puerto Vallarta for a week...and I trust the opinion of Cruise Critic fans!  Hoping a local can recommend a nice place for dinner in Puerto Vallarta.....It's my hubby's birthday on February 18.

Thanks all!

Leanne

Puerto Vallarta is what I would call a "Foodie City."  We have several hundred eating venues and a couple can have anything from terrific tacos which might cost about $30 a couple (including beer) to an elegant Frenc-Mexican fusion dinner at a gorgeous restaurant owned by a world-class chef (from France).  We also have many Italian, Greek, and even an Austrian place.  While an average dinner, at a decent restaurant, might cost about $100 (US) you could also spend $200+ (a lot more if you buy a decent bottle of wine) at one of the higher end restaurants.

Keep in mind that we are in the prime season, so reservations (sometimes a few days in advance) is necessary at many of the decent places.  I will mention three expensive restaurants for that special dinner when you are not on a budget.  The Iguana is mostly contemporary Mexican food with a stunning view and live music  If you are looking for French than Cafe des Artists is quite elegant (and pricey), especially if you are able to snag one of the tables in the Garden.  One of our personal favorites is a very upscale Italian restaurant (with a view) called La Capella.  That restaurant usually has strolling violin players to add to the ambiance.

I could name 20 more :).  We eat out here about 65 times during the winter.

Hank

13 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Puerto Vallarta is what I would call a "Foodie City."  We have several hundred eating venues and a couple can have anything from terrific tacos which might cost about $30 a couple (including beer) to an elegant Frenc-Mexican fusion dinner at a gorgeous restaurant owned by a world-class chef (from France).  We also have many Italian, Greek, and even an Austrian place.  While an average dinner, at a decent restaurant, might cost about $100 (US) you could also spend $200+ (a lot more if you buy a decent bottle of wine) at one of the higher end restaurants.

Keep in mind that we are in the prime season, so reservations (sometimes a few days in advance) is necessary at many of the decent places.  I will mention three expensive restaurants for that special dinner when you are not on a budget.  The Iguana is mostly contemporary Mexican food with a stunning view and live music  If you are looking for French than Cafe des Artists is quite elegant (and pricey), especially if you are able to snag one of the tables in the Garden.  One of our personal favorites is a very upscale Italian restaurant (with a view) called La Capella.  That restaurant usually has strolling violin players to add to the ambiance.

I could name 20 more :).  We eat out here about 65 times during the winter.

Hank

Thanks for this Hank!  I think I know you from the HAL forum, although you haven't been there much lately.  I've cruised to PV twice, but will be vacationing there for 9 days.  Looking forward to a great holiday!

Leanne

36 minutes ago, leerathje said:

Thanks for this Hank!  I think I know you from the HAL forum, although you haven't been there much lately.  I've cruised to PV twice, but will be vacationing there for 9 days.  Looking forward to a great holiday!

Leanne

I think the HAL fans prefer I avoid that board :).  My current opinion about HAL is not favorable and some folks follow the philosophy that if you can't say good things...say nothing!  We are truly addicted to cruising (and also living here in PV) but have moved-on to much better than HAL.

Hank

4 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

I think the HAL fans prefer I avoid that board :).  My current opinion about HAL is not favorable and some folks follow the philosophy that if you can't say good things...say nothing!  We are truly addicted to cruising (and also living here in PV) but have moved-on to much better than HAL.

Hank

lol...there are some opinionated people there...blocking is a wonderful thing.  Glad you enjoy PV...I'm looking forward to our time there....and enjoying the food!!

L.

46 minutes ago, SelectSys said:

It's the one above the Cathedral, right?

Yes, it is up in that area, but so are a few other high-end restaurants such as Hacienda San Angel.

• Like 1