Viking Star

Ibis

3 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

I had a glass of Jacquart on the SSBPone night. The package covers drinks up tom$18 now, I believe. I didn’t like it that much.  We also had a bottle in our frig.  We never opened it.  We had wine delivered instead.  On some cruises they have taken the sparkling wine out in order to give us wine.  On this one, they just left the Jacquart, which probably tells you something…

Interesting - have Viking raised the per drink price allowed in the SSBP?

Just now, CDNPolar said:

Interesting - have Viking raised the per drink price allowed in the SSBP?

Yes.  They did this last year when they raised the price of the package.  

Just now, SantaFe1 said:

Yes.  They did this last year when they raised the price of the package.  

Hmmm... very interesting... Thanks for that.  We stopped buying the SSBP when the price went up because we spend less purchasing per drink for what we want than the package costs for two.

Viking's loss and our gain.  We are saving money and still get what we want when we want it.

8 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

I had a glass of Jacquart on the SSBPone night. The package covers drinks up tom$18 now, I believe. I didn’t like it that much.  

Yeah - would agree with your taste.  It is all about taste and preference.  If you like it you like it if you don't you don't and that does not matter what the cost is.

Someone on here suggested that Veuve is "basic" but we love it and would not thank you for higher priced Champagne.

I hesitate to say that many (not most, but many) don't even recognize the difference between Cava, Prosecco, and Champagne and they blanket call anything with bubbles as Chanpagne.  There are marked differences in all three of these wines.

4 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

I thought that $15 per glass was outside the beverage menu pricing ceiling?

It increase to $18 when they increased the cost of the SSBP and menu prices at the end of 2022 beginning of 2023.

22 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

Not trying to "split hairs" here, but the question is whether "Champagne" is available on the SSBP.  We have been on 10 Viking cruises and never seen "Champagne" included on the SSBP.  Prosecco yes, Cava yes, Sparkling yes, but not Champagne.

So is the Jacquart on the menu above inside the SSBP?  It is certainly available to pay for by the glass, but is it in the SSBP?  I thought that $15 per glass was outside the beverage menu pricing ceiling?

I could be wrong...

Until recently champagne wasn’t available in the SS on ocean (although it was on river 🤷‍♀️) but now it is definitely included.

7 hours ago, gymfreak said:

Would love to see a photo of the bottle they are currently offering that’s included in the SSBP 

Anyone who can help?

Thanks

Other people have mentioned at least two brands. So it may not be predictable. Ships may have limited options depending upon where they are when they stock up.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, FoggyEthan said:

Other people have mentioned at least two brands. So it may not be predictable. Ships may have limited options depending upon where they are when they stock up.

We have found that the wine list and availability depends on where in the world the ship is sailing.  Viking cannot load endless supplies of wines to a ship and they restock in many ports.  It does depend on what stock is available in the restocking ports.

Veuve Clicquot which has been mentioned here many times has not been available on some of our cruises although normally on the menu.  We were disappointed on the Treasures of the Rhine cruise that it was not available, although it was on the menu. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

We have found that the wine list and availability depends on where in the world the ship is sailing.  Viking cannot load endless supplies of wines to a ship and they restock in many ports.  It does depend on what stock is available in the restocking ports.

Veuve Clicquot which has been mentioned here many times has not been available on some of our cruises although normally on the menu.  We were disappointed on the Treasures of the Rhine cruise that it was not available, although it was on the menu. 

You are absolutely correct. On our last Mars trip my favorite Austrian wine (Gruner Veltliner) was available. Never saw it on any of our previous trips and will be curious to see if it is available on upcoming Mars trip in a couple months. 

• Like 1