Oasis #7 blocks are in the house?

7 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Seven Oasis class and three (or more) Icon class for 3 FL winter homeports?

When will they sell the first Oasis class to make room for the new ones?

Edit:  I forgot that Galveston can do year round Oasis class.  Maybe add a second ship?

The there were reports that a senior RCI corporate officer said there would be a Wonderful announcement regarding Galveston soon. So there has been rumors of Wonder to Galveston but Allure has been moved back to Galveston in 2026. Will Wonder be going to Galveston to do shorter cruises I doubt it but we will find out what the other ships for Galveston will be next week?

6 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Utopia will be doing 3/4 day cruises out of Port Canaveral starting this Summer and Allure will be doing 3/4 day cruises out of Miami. 

But Allure is coming back to Galveston when Harmony goes to dry dock in 2026.

3 hours ago, djvcr said:

I could see them developing something private over in the western gulf like NCL's other private island so they could add more ships out of TX as well. 

I really expect to see more "coco cays" developed. Gives them more ports they control and make all the money on. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wreckem2013 said:

The there were reports that a senior RCI corporate officer said there would be a Wonderful announcement regarding Galveston soon. So there has been rumors of Wonder to Galveston but Allure has been moved back to Galveston in 2026. Will Wonder be going to Galveston to do shorter cruises I doubt it but we will find out what the other ships for Galveston will be next week?

Two Oasis class ships in Galveston necessarily mean short cruises. My guess is they both alternate 6 and 8 day cruises. Sunday to Saturday, Cozumel/Roatan/Costa Maya 6 day cruise, then Sunday to Saturday, CoCo Cay ++ 8 day cruise. CoCo Cay is popular and a big money maker, getting an Oasis class worth of cruisers from Texas there every week would undoubtedly be appealing to the bean counters.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, djvcr said:

Would be great if they left an Oasis (or Icon) ship in NY in winter, but I do understand why they keep bringing back Quantum class for the winter for the enclosed pool and the Sea Plex to keep the kids busy on the first sea day til it is far enough south to warm up.

Oasis Class Central Park would have to be changed to fake plants for the winter.

Starting this winter, Odyssey (which has no indoor family pool) will be based at Cape Liberty for at least two winters.

• Like 1

Count me in another one slightly surprised with an O7.

On one hand; in the immediate, an I4 would make far more commercial sense than exactly an O7, but as said above, they'd to receive an O7 far earlier than an I4 right now. I've no doubt an I4 will be contracted ASAP, maybe by the end of the year, but for now what we have is exactly an O7. And TBHH; I can absolutely to see why they'll have the O7 now. O is the most successful ship class ever built in the market and the unique one with really no price degradation across the ships ageing... Surely there are a relatively limited number of ports that can receive those ships and that won't drastically change on the foreseeable future, but a new problem arises: By the time O7 enters the fleet, original O will be near 20 years old! My best bet is that they will to use O7-12 as replacement successors for O1-6 as the ships age, and use O1-6 for short-haul cruises, training academies for new crew members, or to create an alternative floating hotel accommodation industry for example in Dubai, Saudi Arabia, China, Australia or Japan. That way they'd to retain their current 6 redeployed O ships as usual and even to create an opportunity to create a secondary low risk market for the ageing ones!...

8 hours ago, Nunagoras said:

Count me in another one slightly surprised with an O7.

On one hand; in the immediate, an I4 would make far more commercial sense than exactly an O7, but as said above, they'd to receive an O7 far earlier than an I4 right now. I've no doubt an I4 will be contracted ASAP, maybe by the end of the year, but for now what we have is exactly an O7. And TBHH; I can absolutely to see why they'll have the O7 now. O is the most successful ship class ever built in the market and the unique one with really no price degradation across the ships ageing... Surely there are a relatively limited number of ports that can receive those ships and that won't drastically change on the foreseeable future, but a new problem arises: By the time O7 enters the fleet, original O will be near 20 years old! My best bet is that they will to use O7-12 as replacement successors for O1-6 as the ships age, and use O1-6 for short-haul cruises, training academies for new crew members, or to create an alternative floating hotel accommodation industry for example in Dubai, Saudi Arabia, China, Australia or Japan. That way they'd to retain their current 6 redeployed O ships as usual and even to create an opportunity to create a secondary low risk market for the ageing ones!...

If Royal was planning on sidelining the the first Oasis class ships in a few years, they wouldn't be spending hundreds of millions of dollars to update Allure next year. There are 14 ports in the Caribbean that already handle Oasis/Icon ships, many of which can handle more than 1 per day; they are not close to the port options being a limiting factor. The idea that they are building new Oasis class ships to replace the current ones is pretty far-fetched. It's more likely they are just expanding. They will, undoubtedly, rotate around where ships homeport; but they could easily have 12 Oasis + Icon ships running at the same time with just what they have for homeports and destinations now. And current prices suggest there is enough market demand for that many as well.

3 hours ago, dgramling said:

Royal spent alot of time and money to change the Oasis class to be LNG starting with Utopia, it was inevitable they would want another ship to justify that expense on.

I agree and the blueprint is done and just making a another one easy for shipyard.

Now the guessing will begin as the when and what the new name will be announced.