Putting things in perspective

ECCruise

The three most active threads tonite on this board are:

1) The terrible story about those who have lost their lives in Chile

2) A silly and childish thread about whether or not Celebrity cruisers are snobs

3) A "kick the other cruise line" thread comparing Celebrity to Carnival (the OP, though, did an excellent job in the original comparison)

Maybe it is time to quit worrying about such inane things as whether a fellow cruiser is dressed the way you think they should be, or whether they meet your standards of sharing a "refined, elegant" cruise with you or they "should maybe try another line that fits you better".

Honestly, before we took our first Celebrity cruise a couple of years ago (8 X cruises ago), from reading a lot of posts on this board I really did not think we were going to enjoy it. That we wouldn't "measure up" to the high standards that seemed to be set by many of those on this board. What a surprise (a joke, really) to take our first X cruise and find nothing but normal people...the same kind of folks we had met on Norwegian, Princess, Carnival (OMG!!!) and Costa. No different and for sure, NO BETTER.

Maybe it is time to put things in perspective and think of things that really matter....

I had typed a brief bite for the Celebrity Snobs thread... But I thought better of it and X'd out without hitting submit. Why spoil (or fuel) the fun of children?

A finer mind than I laid it out much better...

Well said ECC.

The three most active threads tonite on this board are:

1) The terrible story about those who have lost their lives in Chile

2) A silly and childish thread about whether or not Celebrity cruisers are snobs

3) A "kick the other cruise line" thread comparing Celebrity to Carnival (the OP, though, did an excellent job in the original comparison)

Maybe it is time to quit worrying about such inane things as whether a fellow cruiser is dressed the way you think they should be, or whether they meet your standards of sharing a "refined, elegant" cruise with you or they "should maybe try another line that fits you better".

Honestly, before we took our first Celebrity cruise a couple of years ago (8 X cruises ago), from reading a lot of posts on this board I really did not think we were going to enjoy it. That we wouldn't "measure up" to the high standards that seemed to be set by many of those on this board. What a surprise (a joke, really) to take our first X cruise and find nothing but normal people...the same kind of folks we had met on Norwegian, Princess, Carnival (OMG!!!) and Costa. No different and for sure, NO BETTER.

Maybe it is time to put things in perspective and think of things that really matter....

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Why waste your time judging other people.

1) I'm on vacation to forget about a lot of those things.

2) Your on vacation to forget about a lot of those things.

3) We're both in the same boat. Relax and be treated Famously.

We do not go out a lot during the year but cruise at least on time a year. And we like the service levels afforded us on Celebrity. Everyone with a smile and a hello. A what can I do for you attitude.

Makes you feel special amont the many people on board.

Archived