Guarantee Questions

Cruisegirl6

Hello,

My hubby for valentines day and our upcoming anniversary surprised me with a cruise.  I called to book the Beyond, April 27th to the ABC islands only to find there were no available cabins (other than suites).  I chose the April 20th Apex sailing instead.  This morning, I noticed there was an outside guarantee available on the sailing of the Beyond and booked that.  What was most important in this cruise was to get on this sailing and I realize it can be any location, most likely on deck three, but I can't be picky as I am just happy to get on this sailing.

With this being said, has anybody booked an outside guarantee on any of the E class ships and can you share your experience from it?  Have you been upgraded, etc.? When were you contacted regarding your cabin assignment (I realize it could be up to two days before the cruise)?  This is my second cruise in six months so I am happy with anything to be honest.  Just like to hear what your thoughts and experiences.  Thank you.

We did Ascent on 2/4 and booked a concierge class guarantee about 6 weeks before sailing. We were assigned a cabin within 48 hours after booking. Ended up with a great cabin only a few forward of 12th floor aft elevators. No upgrades were available but that was most likely because the ship was full. We paid less for the cabin than an ocean view was going for. Of course, we know we could have ended up with a less desirable location so count it as lucky. Good luck!!

• Like 1

I can't help you specifically with an outside guarantee but we did book a guarantee suite and were pleasantly surprised to receive an S1 Sky suite while fully expecting an S3 Magic Carpet suite.  We found out our assignment immediately.  Since your ship is full, you will likely not know your room assignment until closer to sailing and it will shake out as move up offers are accepted.  With that being said, your assignment could really be anywhere and doesn't necessarily mean you'll get the least desirable deck.  Fingers crossed for you! 

• Like 1

believe your guarantee will be within the category booked.  We ve done a guarantee 2x  but only on suites and both times found out within 48 hrs.    As Georgia_Peaches said, the ship being that full, your assigned cabin could be anywhere.  or could have partially  obstructed views.   Roll of the dice I guess

• Like 1