Canceling Reservations For Non Payment

I had a deposit on a cruise on Freedom in April. The balance was due February 15. I won't be able to make the cruise, so I assumed that when I didn't pay the balance by the due date, they would immediately cancel the reservation. However, four days later the reservation is still open. 

Do they keep reservations open until somebody wants the same cabin?

I did the same once and just let my deposit and the payment date lapse when we couldn't sail.

I had a call from Miami after a couple of weeks (bearing in mind I am UK based) to check to see if I had forgotten to pay and if there was anything they could do to assist.

I'm nothing special in C & A so was quite surprised by this, maybe its because we have different booking conditions here in the UK?

On 2/19/2024 at 1:57 AM, BobbiFlekman said:

I had a deposit on a cruise on Freedom in April. The balance was due February 15. I won't be able to make the cruise, so I assumed that when I didn't pay the balance by the due date, they would immediately cancel the reservation. However, four days later the reservation is still open. 

Moving to a new sailing date will only cost you $200.

• Like 3

On 2/19/2024 at 1:57 AM, BobbiFlekman said:

Is there a chance your credit information is still on their file from the deposit and you just got charged the balance. If so check to see if the final payment has hit your credit card.

Believe no one asked yet, but did you book directly though Royal or a Travel Agency?