Adding Information to Reservation - Cruise Price Can Change

Mrbp1

I had placed 2 reservations on a courtesy hold, received email confirmation with correct pricing PDF file. I went into my account and then added my street address and the second person's name and Captain Club's number. I then pulled up the reservation again to make sure the changes were present. The price of both cruises went from the correct price around $800 to over $2,300.

I called Celebrity and after a very long discussion, the agent stated that ANY changes, even adding a person's name, will reprice the cruise and the price will change. In this case, my promo was dropped. She was able to add the promo back on but also stated Celebrity does not offer this promo anymore. I stated to her that adding a person's name, address and Captain's Club number should not affect the pricing. She stated it does. Upon talking to a different agent, they stated the same thing.

Interesting, as I went back on the Celebrity website and was able to price the same cruise and got the same promo. 

This is news to me and although you have gotten this information from two different agents, I find it difficult to believe that it is correct.

I am glad that you were able to work around the problem.

Edited by mahdnc