Wandering around Port Canaveral at 4am.

BillOh

I was going to be in Florida anyway and have Voyager of the Seas booked for April of 2025.  I was thinking of driving over to the port area to see Voyager when she arrives at Port Canaveral this Nov 26th.    Can I get into the Jetty Park around 3am and hang out near the water if she is coming in then? Alternative places?

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

can't recommend a spot until you know the berth that will be used and that schedule tends to be set about 6 months ahead of time .... RCCL uses CT-1 as their primary but depending on how many of their ships are turning over on a given day they also use 3 and 5

image.thumb.png.b102fbb897899156a765e81d67a33ccb.png

https://www.portcanaveral.com/getattachment/Cruise/Cruise-Lines-Schedules/Port-Canaveral-Cruise-Schedule-Dec23-Jul24.pdf.aspx?lang=en-US

>>>>>>>>>>>

what 'closes' at Jetty Park is the parking lot and 'facilities' ... the beach never closes. You can find 'street parking' just a little south of the park and access the beach then walk up the beach .... from anywhere along here you'll easily see the ship enter the jetties . . and the harbor.

Edited by Capt_BJ
  • Like 1

On 2/19/2024 at 9:42 AM, BillOh said:

I was going to be in Florida anyway and have Voyager of the Seas booked for April of 2025.  I was thinking of driving over to the port area to see Voyager when she arrives at Port Canaveral this Nov 26th.    Can I get into the Jetty Park around 3am and hang out near the water if she is coming in then? Alternative places?

We have always went to grills next to the port and watched from there as they sail in.  Parking right next to the restaurant as well.  Picture below

IMG_6170.png

• Like 2

On 2/19/2024 at 10:42 AM, BillOh said:

I am a local.

Gate for jetty will be closed at that time, maybe. It's sometimes open all the time.

If you drive up to the gate and it's locked. Turn left an a couple hundred feet ahead is a parking lot for the boat ramps and tackle shop. Park there and watch the ship come in.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

here's the boat ramp area (yellow) and all that parking for boat trailer vehicles is open 24/7 (except hurricanes)

image.thumb.png.a5b92ce504b0484459ca7d885a7df863.png

at my white circle you'll find this

image.thumb.png.dc41cfefaba3f44a260503998315c3b2.png

I doubt that parking area will be full at zero dark hundred ..... but I could be mistaken .... folks who fish are often NUTS 🤣

Edited by Capt_BJ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/10/2024 at 5:38 PM, Capt_BJ said:

I doubt that parking area will be full at zero dark hundred ..... but I could be mistaken .... folks who fish are often NUTS 🤣

Since 11/26 is a Tuesday, that lot isn't likely to be full - but yes they are nuts! lol We live just about 2 miles from there and aren't usually there before daylight but there are almost always parking spots available there.