Oosterdam ocean view cabins

hmatt

Has the Oosterdam been recently updated? Wondering about the ocean view cabins F large, looked at

pictures on a site, some pictures look good but a couple pics look very dated. Pretty sure it has to be updated,

just about to become 4 star on this cruise, never having cruised on her before though and would like to hear how 

the cabins are and any other info that may be interesting, Thank you

What exactly do you mean by "dated"?

Colors, bathroom finishings, carpets, furniture design, wall coverings and pictures,  overall design and layout - do they look battered? B eing less than super "trendy", I always feel HAL is saving the passenger some money.

If the cabin is functional and goes where I want to go for a good price, I am good with the overall look of a ship. Have found HAL cabins to work very well for us. The HAL service never lets us down. Makes me overlook any unfashionable HAL decor missteps. 

9 hours ago, hmatt said:

pictures on a site, some pictures look good but a couple pics look very dated. Pretty sure it has to be updated,

If you are looking at Halfacts.com or cruisedeckplans.com the date the pictures were taken will be listed.  

• Like 1

@hmatt  Look at Halfacts.com for Oosterdam and select one of the rooms that are in a more bold print which means those would be newer posts.  Look at rooms that have OV designation.  Yes, the rooms in terms of having the old tub style vs newer large shower on the Pinnacle class does probably seem outdated.  Also, you have to ignore some people when they seem to be more about challenging the question than answering it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone, been reading the live post on here, sounds great,

Just wanted to know a little more about the ship. Always have had great

cruises with HAL and looking forward to sailing on the ship, it has a fabulous 

itinerary with several new ports which are hard to find now a days. Thanks for info about Halfacts.com.