Eclipse: sunset concierge stateroom on deck 11 or aqua stateroom mid ship going to Iceland

dleahy4444

I’ve never been on the Eclipse before. We are going to Iceland in July and haven’t been there before either. I booked a sunset concierge room thinking it would be provide the best views going in and out of ports. However today I saw that an Aqua stateroom is priced less, and would allow us access to Blu. Are the views from a sunset veranda going in and out of ports in Iceland worth it? On an Alaska trip it certainly was, but in unfamiliar with the scenery from the ship in Iceland. Anyone sailed on deck 11 before? Is there an overhang? Thanks all. 

I have a guarantee on Aqua on Eclipse for Bermuda. 

I have been to Bermuda before so I am willing to take a chance on a guarantee.

It looks like there is a HUGE overhang on Aqua midship.  If I had a choice I would probably book forward and take a chance with the possible rough seas for a trip to Iceland.

• Thanks 1

Iceland is one of those places where the balcony, excursions, basically anything outdoors, is going to be more dependent on the weather at the time than anything, and there's nothing you can do about it except have the right gear with you.  As far as views, most ports are up a fiord? of some size/type so the views are good anywhere on the ship. 

• Thanks 2

Is this the Iceland/Greenland cruise?  We did this cruise on the Summit in Aqua on deck 11, which is the top deck on the Summit but not on the Eclipse.  We had excellent views from our cabin for going into Akureyri and Isafjordur. 

If you are able to go through Prins Christian Sund, which hopefully you will be able, you will most likely want to spend some time on deck to see the views all around you, in addition to viewing from your cabin.  I've not had a sunset cabin but the views of Prins Christian Sund looking from the front of the ship and the back of the ship are amazing so that might be a consideration. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mangrove Snapper said:

Is this the Iceland/Greenland cruise?  We did this cruise on the Summit in Aqua on deck 11, which is the top deck on the Summit but not on the Eclipse.  We had excellent views from our cabin for going into Akureyri and Isafjordur. 

We were on Constellation (same ship class as Summit) in Aqua on deck 9 and hated the overhang.

It completely blocked views toward the sky.  So if you are sailing in fjord it will NOT be good.

• Thanks 1

I would go with Aqua. We are doing the same cruise in June. Booked Concierge because ir was cheaper than a Veranda and then a few days ago repriced and Aqua was quite a bit cheaper. It was a no brainer to switch.

• Thanks 1