Oceania Excursions - Amazon

mlines

Need some advice.  We love Oceania but right now I am really annoyed with them.  We have a bucket list trip coming up on the Marina to the Amazon, and most of the good excursions were booked up months ago. The whole point of the trip for us is experiencing the Amazon, and if the ship can get us there but we can’t explore it, what is the point?  Oceania markets itself around experiencing small destinations but they aren’t backing it up.

For Manaus we have been waitlisted for a Jungle Trek excursion for 2 months now. And they can’t get more excursions arranged with this much time?! Whoever runs the excursions needs to be replaced. They literally “have one job”.

So, any advice for experiencing the Amazon?  And does Oceania schedule more excursions once we are on board? I fear once on board, with poor internet connections we won’t be able to arrange our own tours. And, we arrive at 9:00am and some of the excursions start at that time so I don’t know if we would be there in time.

Thoughts?

Ps we did manage to book an ecological tour excursion for the following day, but we wanted an additional opportunity to experience the jungle/rivers

We're doing the Amazon on Nautica in November and were able to get the excursions we wanted. (Maybe because it is a smaller trip and we booked excursions as soon as we were able.)

My understanding is that at present, Manaus is a tender port because of issues with the dock so keep that in mind when scheduling your tours.

I would not count on Oceania adding excursions so you're better off arranging any private tours in advance You could contact https://www.dobrazilright.com for other suggestions.

Good luck and hope you can work things out to enjoy your bucket list trip.

1 hour ago, mlines said:

Need some advice.  We love Oceania but right now I am really annoyed with them.  We have a bucket list trip coming up on the Marina to the Amazon, and most of the good excursions were booked up months ago. The whole point of the trip for us is experiencing the Amazon, and if the ship can get us there but we can’t explore it, what is the point?  Oceania markets itself around experiencing small destinations but they aren’t backing it up.

For Manaus we have been waitlisted for a Jungle Trek excursion for 2 months now. And they can’t get more excursions arranged with this much time?! Whoever runs the excursions needs to be replaced. They literally “have one job”.

So, any advice for experiencing the Amazon?  And does Oceania schedule more excursions once we are on board? I fear once on board, with poor internet connections we won’t be able to arrange our own tours. And, we arrive at 9:00am and some of the excursions start at that time so I don’t know if we would be there in time.

Thoughts?

Ps we did manage to book an ecological tour excursion for the following day, but we wanted an additional opportunity to experience the jungle/rivers

So when you booked were the excursions already 'sold out.' Not an Amazon trip, but we booked a trip in 9/23 for 7/24 and got all the shore excursions right then.

Book a private tour with other guests. When we did the Amazon, DW’s #1 cruise, we connected with a group of people on the CC Roll Call for our cruise and had fabulous tours. Definitely get up the rivers and into the areas with the HUGE lily pads. Short of last minute cancellations while on board, I would guess you would not see more tours created by O and their tour company. 
Good Luck,

Mauibabes 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mlines said:

Thoughts?

Have you joined your rollcall? Other people may be organizing tours.
https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?type=forums_topic&search_and_or=or&search_in=titles&nodes=490&q=Mar March