Ft Lauderdale park n go

kasowell2

I posted this on the departures page but there is not as much activity there as it is here. So if it’s gets deleted by moderators then I will understand.

I’ve always parked at the port when traveling out of port Everglades but this time I’ve decided to try park n go. I’ve made the reservations but have some questions about the procedure. I know I leave my key and they take us to the ship. But here’s my questions.

1. how long before they take you to the ship? Do they wait until they get a bus load? I understand if they have a lot dropping off loading as many as possible but I don’t want to be sitting on a bus waiting.

2. Do they have a route they run to the ships? For example terminal 1 then 2 then 3 etc or to the persons ship directly? I know those may not the right numbers but just examples.

3. About how long has it taken to drop off and get to your ship?

4. I was thinking about dropping my luggage at the ship with my wife and the taking the car to the lot. Is that a good idea or should we both go back with the car?

We always park at park and go when we cruise out of FT Lauderdale. You drive in and they scan your reservation. Pull up to the unloading area and they will unload your luggage and put it on the shuttle going to your ship. The shuttles only go to one ship and it doesn't take long to have enough people to leave. They go directly to your ship and unload the luggage and give it to the ships porters. Just keep an eye on your luggage to make sure only what you want gets given to the ship porters. When you return to Port Everglades there will be shuttles waiting. Give them your luggage and they will load it onto the shuttle. The shuttle will take you to your car and the driver will load your luggage into your car. It may take a little time for the shuttle to get to your car but the convenance is well worth it. They do move your car while you are on the cruise to an area where all the cars are packed in tight then move it to the outer lot the day you return. We have used them about 10 times and have never had a problem.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eileen G said:

We always park at park and go when we cruise out of FT Lauderdale. You drive in and they scan your reservation. Pull up to the unloading area and they will unload your luggage and put it on the shuttle going to your ship. The shuttles only go to one ship and it doesn't take long to have enough people to leave. They go directly to your ship and unload the luggage and give it to the ships porters. Just keep an eye on your luggage to make sure only what you want gets given to the ship porters. When you return to Port Everglades there will be shuttles waiting. Give them your luggage and they will load it onto the shuttle. The shuttle will take you to your car and the driver will load your luggage into your car. It may take a little time for the shuttle to get to your car but the convenance is well worth it. They do move your car while you are on the cruise to an area where all the cars are packed in tight then move it to the outer lot the day you return. We have used them about 10 times and have never had a problem.

My hesitation to use off site parking has been when disembarking. The shuttle to your car is waiting when you disembark or do you need to call and wait for the shuttle? I’m not sure if it matters but we will be at the dreaded terminal 29! 

11 hours ago, cbfb said:

My hesitation to use off site parking has been when disembarking. The shuttle to your car is waiting when you disembark or do you need to call and wait for the shuttle? I’m not sure if it matters but we will be at the dreaded terminal 29! 

The shuttles are always waiting in the shuttle bus parking area right outside the terminal. It doesn't matter which terminal they meet whatever cruise ship is disembarking.

• Thanks 1