Queen Victoria World Voyage 2024

roscoe39

we seem to be in the middle of a bit of a tempest today, during the night the ship was apparently surrounded by a storm....I slept through it....it could have been the cocktails. The swimming pool today was the main headquarters of the Queen Victoria Surf Club.

I hope all are having a great day surrounded by unicorns and rainbows.

blog updated.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, roscoe39 said:

we seem to be in the middle of a bit of a tempest today, during the night the ship was apparently surrounded by a storm....I slept through it....it could have been the cocktails. The swimming pool today was the main headquarters of the Queen Victoria Surf Club.

I hope all are having a great day surrounded by unicorns and rainbows.

blog updated.

For your sake, I’m glad Cunard doesn’t hand out Prom Deck Demerits for walking the wrong way…however, when you were a young one in school, I see demerits (speaking as a receiver of them!) 

On 3/2/2024 at 7:50 AM, NE John said:

For your sake, I’m glad Cunard doesn’t hand out Prom Deck Demerits for walking the wrong way…however, when you were a young one in school, I see demerits (speaking as a receiver of them!) 

Surely those onboard know that when Dearest Lord Roscoe performs his PROMENADE.... those in the oncoming crowd must part to permit THE LORD ROSCOE his right of way uninterrupted(even if they are thinking "who is that manly man)?

Demerits are not enough - throw the scoundrels overboard should they dare to be within 10 feet of the silken threads of HIS LORD ROSCOE...

It was so much easier years ago on the FRANCE & QE2 - it was called First Class ONLY!!!

Sail on sail on great ship ROSCOE!!!!

• Haha 2

Unfortunately our time on QV has come to an end and we're now sitting at Sydney airport. Hope those of you still onboard continue to have a great time for the remainder of your voyage.

We're back to living out of a suitcase and mixing our own martinis. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Colin_Cameron said:

Unfortunately our time on QV has come to an end and we're now sitting at Sydney airport. Hope those of you still onboard continue to have a great time for the remainder of your voyage.

We're back to living out of a suitcase and mixing our own martinis. 

It’s a sad feeling when you have to put your own napkin on your lap yourself… 

• Like 2

For the last two days we have been sailing up close to the Queensland coastline on our way to Airlie Beach tomorrow. it will be a short sharp stop as we leave at 3.45.

I relented and purchased the internet package, its eyewaterring but trying to do the internet only by using up the credit each sector and then while the ship is in port would not work, most people are online on the ship (annoyingly so in the Chart room when they hold video calls at the top of their voices) but its also a good way to message those you know are on the ship but haven't seen them and there is the chance of a suite party coming up.

The food has been spectacular upstairs and also in the MDR, tonight is gala night and it will be interesting to see what on the mdr menu, baked Alaska and snails have been sadly absent. I may have to start ordering them off menu.

The ship is purring along, 

Blog updated.

• Like 6