Disembarkation Day Excursions

vwgolf2

Has anyone any experience of excursions on the day of disembarkation? Ships normally dock around 08:00 but our flight doesn't leave Miami until 18:45. I was thinking of a trip to the Everglades followed by an airport drop off. Will this give us plenty of time? Check in for long haul back to the UK is three hours before the flight, so 15:45.

2 hours ago, vwgolf2 said:

Has anyone any experience of excursions on the day of disembarkation? Ships normally dock around 08:00 but our flight doesn't leave Miami until 18:45. I was thinking of a trip to the Everglades followed by an airport drop off. Will this give us plenty of time? Check in for long haul back to the UK is three hours before the flight, so 15:45.

We recently did it but not on Carnival.  Ours included the transfer to the airport, so while we had mild interest in the excursion, it was a no brainer.  The luggage was the main factor in the decision (what to do with it during the time).

• Like 2

I've done them a couple of times, though not on Carnival and not in Miami.   I enjoyed them.  It certainly beat sitting around an airport for hours with my big bag until the time the airline would accept it for checking.  And it was a lot easier to arrange than renting a car for a few hours or booking a day pass at a hotel, which are other options.  In one of my disembarkation day tours the luggage was with us under the bus, and on the other the luggage was transferred separately, and we retrieved it at the airport.

The excursion details will specify that it is only suitable for flights is after a certain time.  I would confirm with the excursion staff on board that the arrival time at the airport allows for 3 hours before your international flight.  

The Everglades are a unique environment.   It's a good choice for a tour.  

• Like 2

I have done this to Everglades and the Miami tour with Carnival and both were dropped off at Ft. Lauderdale Airport.  It helped kill the time until our flight.  I would do it again.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2024 at 5:13 AM, vwgolf2 said:

Hi there

They will typically get you back to the airport around !3:30. 

Your main alternative would be to rent a car. You would be able to do the same tour and see more for a lower cost (especially if there are more than two of you). Doing it on your own would be less convenient and require more planning, but possibly more fun. I have done both. 😀

have a great cruise

• Like 1

Thanks - is that 3:30 or 13:30? Either way we should be back in time to check in for our flight. I don't really want to rent a car; I've not driven in the US before and not sure that getting in a car straight after a relaxing cruise is the best time to do it! 

6 hours ago, vwgolf2 said:

Thanks - is that 3:30 or 13:30? Either way we should be back in time to check in for our flight. I don't really want to rent a car; I've not driven in the US before and not sure that getting in a car straight after a relaxing cruise is the best time to do it! 

Hi

You will get to the airport by 1:30 p.m.. So, you will still have lots of time to kill.