Grand - crown grill, Sabitinis or chefs table

cusematt4

Hi all,

We are going to be sailing on the grand princess in Alaska for a family member’s milestone birthday.

Is chef’s table worth the $95pp price, or would we have just as good of a dinner at one of the two speciality restaurants?

If we were to do one speciality dining experience over the week, would you recommend chefs table and crown grill?  Are both worth it?  

Is the chefs table menu the same week to week on the grand princess?  Is it the same menu on each ship?  If it is the same, I’d love to see a recent menu if anyone has one.

Thanks so much.

How big is your group?  Maybe you would mostly fill a CT booking?  You need to get on the list ASAP after boarding and then wait and see if invited.  If you can fill a table (10-12 max), then let them know.  I think you will find price higher than $95 now as all of these prices have gone up.  Do you have recent report of it still being $95?  CG is a good alternative if you want to spend less.

• Like 1

We just did the CT on Majestic Princess - it was fantastic. 5 Canapés served with Moët in the Crown Grill Bar before moving to the table for a  five course meal with matched wines. It was worth every cent and we'll do it again next time we are on Princess. 

11 hours ago, guy01 said:

We just did the CT on Majestic Princess - it was fantastic. 5 Canapés served with Moët in the Crown Grill Bar before moving to the table for a  five course meal with matched wines. It was worth every cent and we'll do it again next time we are on Princess. 

Thanks for your report.  Was this the new, standardized menu?  How much was it?

Depending on the length of your cruise do all 3!  You may or may not get invited to the Chef's table.  I have a cruise next month and am booked for both the CG and Sabatini's...I love Sabatini's new menu, my husband loves a good filet.  

5 hours ago, 57eric said:

Thanks for your report.  Was this the new, standardized menu?  How much was it?

It was our first time at the CT so I'm not sure if it was the standardised menu. It was $207 AUD but that reflects the exchange rate and the fact we don't have separate payment of gratuities.

We were on the Grand last August.

Crown Grill was great as always, Sabatini's was TERRIBLE.

Bad service, bad food.  The bad carried over to suite breakfast; we were forced to have a conversation with the maître d' about it all.  We had to insist on a different waiter.

We've never done the chef's table, but it looks interesting.

Crown Grill is the best steakhouse on the water. Sabatini's is on par with Spaghetti Factory or Olive Garden. We've never done Chef's Table because the menus seem too restrictive for us - they all seem heavily geared toward carnivores (fine for me, not for my wife).