Muster question

Scottdalfonso

From what I have read, you go to your room, watch a video, call a number then wait to be called down to check in at the actual station, correct? I also have seen mentioned that the elevators are off at this point? My wife has a bit of a walking issue- not that she can't, but steps are rough on her knees. Is there an elevator kept in use for mobility issues, OR am I able to go to the muster station and get us both scanned?  

I thought we did what you said, but what we actually did was, got on board, went for lunch, happened to be passing our muster station (Cala Jondal restaurant), they scanned just one of our cruise cards, once we could get in our cabin put the video on (didn't really watch it) then rang the number, seemed very easy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scottdalfonso said:

Is there an elevator kept in use for mobility issues, OR am I able to go to the muster station and get us both scanned?  

On the Seascape in December that is what I had to do for my DH.  After recounting my experience here someone suggested we should have just waited until the next morning when they have a 'make-up' session in the theater.  I think @mcoler181's suggestion is worth a try too.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, capriccio said:

On the Seascape in December that is what I had to do for my DH.  After recounting my experience here someone suggested we should have just waited until the next morning when they have a 'make-up' session in the theater.  I think @mcoler181's suggestion is worth a try too.

Ok. sounds good- will try @mcoler181 method, and if we don't get lucky with that, at least I know we can maybe wait until the next morning if needed 

We leave on Sunday for our 1st ever MSC cruise. mcoler181 - how did you know what your muster station was?  Is that assigned at embarkation?  Yes, it is good to know there is a makeup session the next day.

1 minute ago, harlowinct said:

We leave on Sunday for our 1st ever MSC cruise. mcoler181 - how did you know what your muster station was?  Is that assigned at embarkation? 

The Assembly Station letter designation (A, B, C, etc.) is on your cruise card but it doesn't tell you what venue that is.  That information is in your cabin. 

38 minutes ago, harlowinct said:

We leave on Sunday for our 1st ever MSC cruise. mcoler181 - how did you know what your muster station was?  Is that assigned at embarkation?  Yes, it is good to know there is a makeup session the next day.

On every ship of every cruise line in every cabin, on the back of the door is a muster station poster with directions to your station in diagram form.  EM

6 hours ago, mcoler181 said:

happened to be passing our muster station (Cala Jondal restaurant), they scanned just one of our cruise cards

You must have been passing your muster station after 4pm if a Seaship. As the muster station people in designated colored ballcaps have other duties until the muster signal is given at 4 pm when they don their vests (not lifevests) and ballcaps and their scanners are logged into at 4pm. We stood around waiting for the scanners to activate. 

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

You must have been passing your muster station after 4pm if a Seaship. As the muster station people in designated colored ballcaps have other duties until the muster signal is given at 4 pm when they don their vests (not lifevests) and ballcaps and their scanners are logged into at 4pm. We stood around waiting for the scanners to activate. 

I honestly can't remember but I'm pretty sure it was well before 4pm as we spent the afternoon up on the deck, I'm sure it was around 1pm as I've just remembered we were actually going to the restaurant to see where our table was.

There were people using the elevator's during the muster drill on Divina.  The staff stationed by them did not say a word.   We walked down and as we were walking back up, we saw an elevator open and joined other folks in hopping onto it.  YMMV 

• Thanks 1

I have some mobility issues (bad knees!) and I was definitely allowed to use the elevator on Meraviglia on both my sailings.  And my friends sailing with me accompanied me in the elevator!  There is staff stationed near the elevator bank and they will not prohibit you from using the elevator.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/27/2024 at 12:32 PM, morpheusofthesea said:

Perhaps the real reason not to use the elevators is in a real emergency the power may go out at any time and the emergency power may not kick in and everyone in the elevator will get stuck in a closed elevator ?

I would definitely agree that is the reason for it. 

• Like 1