Removing a passenger

Hi all,

I booked a cruise unsure of one of the cabins of two would have the second guest.  It was pending if that family member could get off from work.

When is the latest we can let RCL know if the second is going to be replaced with someone else?  Is it up until days before sailing?

When is the latest we can let RCL know if the second guest isn’t able to go, if we want to be able to be refunded taxes and port fees for the second guest?  Is it up until the morning of sailing?

Thank you.

If 2nd guest is a no show, the fees and taxes are automatically refunded after the cruise when he doesnt show up. 

PS the reason some would want to remove a pax before the sailing is because solo gets 1 extra loyalty point. I get 2 loyalty points in a balcony or less, 3 for a JS and higher.

Edited by firefly333

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

If 2nd guest is a no show, the fees and taxes are automatically refunded after the cruise when he doesnt show up. 

PS the reason some would want to remove a pax before the sailing is because solo gets 1 extra loyalty point. I get 2 loyalty points in a balcony or less, 3 for a JS and higher.

If they remove the 2nd guest before the sailing I'm pretty sure they will reprice the cabin at solo rate.    Probably best to have them be a no show if unable to find a replacement guest.

1 hour ago, cusematt4 said:

Thanks so much.  If we are able to replace the second guest, do you know if the latest timeframe to do so is 3 days out?

I always tell people 72 hours however the actual time is prior to the manifest being submitted which can be sometime between 24 and 48 hours. 

• Like 2