Thing 1 & 2 Birthday Breakfast

MistyRo76

Just booked our Alaska cruise for August 2025 on the Spirit. I was perusing through the Fun Shops pages on My Cruise Manager site. Under Specialty Dining they now list both the Dr. Seuss Green Eggs & Ham Breakfast and now a new (to me, at least) Thing 1 & Thing 2 Birthday Breakfast. Anyone have any details how the Thing 1 & 2 Breakfast is different than the the Dr. Seuss Green Eggs & Ham breakfast - other than singing Happy Birthday? There wasn't a full menu listed for the Thing 1 & 2 Breakfast, but the items they did list in the event description sound like the same things you'd get at the Green Eggs & Ham breakfast. The cost for the Thing 1 & 2 breakfast is a little bit more ($15 adult/$10 child compared to the $10 adult/$8 child for Green Eggs & Ham). 

Just curious as to the differences. We will be celebrating my daughter's and hubby's birthdays on this sailing. So, the birthday breakfast may be a good option! 

Strange is my first reaction as my understanding was the Breakfast at a lower price had been replaced with the higher priced Birthday. The sailings we have booked show the Breakfast as sold out while the Birthday Party is available.  Would be surprised if you are actually able to book the Breakfast but with Carnival anything is possible.  

37 minutes ago, Oldsweets said:

Strange is my first reaction as my understanding was the Breakfast at a lower price had been replaced with the higher priced Birthday. The sailings we have booked show the Breakfast as sold out while the Birthday Party is available.  Would be surprised if you are actually able to book the Breakfast but with Carnival anything is possible.  

Our cruise is so far out (August 2025), that everything shows sold out right now. They usually open these up closer to the cruise date. But both are currently listed. I hadn't heard that this Birthday Breakfast was replacing the regular breakfast. It does say in the description that it doesn't matter if your birthday was last week, last month or last year. At first I thought it showed up cause we have two August birthdays in our cabin. Guess we'll see what happens when they open bookings! 

We just had a friend who is booked for June and when she first attempted a few weeks ago to book Breakfast it showed sold out.  A few days later they added Birthday Party and she was able to book.  I would respectfully encourage you to watch as these DR SUISS do sell out.

happy cruising 

The birthday breakfast is replacing the original one, so once you are able to book it will be the only option. It does have a slightly different menu than the old breakfast (IMO, it looks better).

2 hours ago, Pyxie said:

The birthday breakfast is replacing the original one, so once you are able to book it will be the only option. It does have a slightly different menu than the old breakfast (IMO, it looks better).

On the Elation last week we had the traditional Cat in the Hat breakfast, but all of the photos from it were badged as Thing 1/Thing 2 birthday.

Just now, tidecat said:

On the Elation last week we had the traditional Cat in the Hat breakfast, but all of the photos from it were badged as Thing 1/Thing 2 birthday.

It's probably not fleetwide yet, but eventually will be.

It's a completely revamped experience which first began on Carnival Jubilee and they have decided to rollout fleetwide to replace the Dr. Seuss breakfast.

It will be a completely redone show with a new storyline which is supposed to be more interactive and "fun" and a somewhat altered menu. 

I imagine that it will take some time to rollout fully and haven't done it myself, nor the original breakfast so cannot speak to how different it all is. But I read some articles when the Jubilee debuted and it sounded like a more involved and interesting show.

For reference, the Jubilee does not have the Dr. Seuss breakfast as it was the first ship in the fleet to have the new Thing 1 & 2 breakfast show/experience.

Which means that as it rolls out to the other ships, the Dr. Seuss breakfast will be no more/be phased out.

Edited by bg2310

Thanks for all the info, everyone! I hadn't heard about the rebranding of the Seuss breakfast to a Birthday Celebration! My daughter enjoyed the regular breakfast on our cruise last fall (and so did dad and I)....so I'll keep an eye out for bookings to open up! We are still 500+ days out from our cruise! 

Just a heads up - the Spirit is due to into a 6 week dry dock in early 2025.  We'll be on the 2nd cruise after dry dock - Miami to Seattle through the Panama Canal.  The first will be the TA cruise from Barcelona to Miami.  I have no idea what they do on a dry dock this long, but I'm really hoping they will add some dining options like Teriyaki, etc.  It may alter what is available in August 2025.

If anyone has any insight into what changes could be made in dry dock, I'd love to hear it. 

1 hour ago, Tryingtocruise said:

Just a heads up - the Spirit is due to into a 6 week dry dock in early 2025.  We'll be on the 2nd cruise after dry dock - Miami to Seattle through the Panama Canal.  The first will be the TA cruise from Barcelona to Miami.  I have no idea what they do on a dry dock this long, but I'm really hoping they will add some dining options like Teriyaki, etc.  It may alter what is available in August 2025.

If anyone has any insight into what changes could be made in dry dock, I'd love to hear it. 

I did see that it is scheduled for a dry dock early next year and I am also very curious about what may be done during that time! I'm wondering if they will do cabin updates - USBs, new decor?? I would be great if they added some additional dining options. We sailed on the Sunshine last fall, and we loved that areas of the Lido Marketplace were sectioned off to be used as Cucina del Capitano and JiJi Asian Kitchen. We did the free lunch at Cucina several times during the cruise and had dinner once at JiJi...it was by far our favorite meal of our whole trip!