Having to book dining times for anytime dining on the Celebrity ascent

krissmatt

Good day it looks to me like they want you to book dining times even though you have anytime dining for the four no charge complementary dining rooms, is this something new it’s very hard to coordinate when you’re going with another couple we’re trying to book the same time at the same as we are and then they’re not available even though we both have any time dining, they’re trying to have us make set dining times !
thank you. Any suggestions would be appreciated

• Like 1

2 hours ago, krissmatt said:

Good day it looks to me like they want you to book dining times even though you have anytime dining for the four no charge complementary dining rooms, is this something new it’s very hard to coordinate when you’re going with another couple we’re trying to book the same time at the same as we are and then they’re not available even though we both have any time dining, they’re trying to have us make set dining times !
thank you. Any suggestions would be appreciated

All of them are open seating.  No need to fret over reservations.

• Like 2

Just got off the Ascent Sunday. If you go before 6:15 or after 8:00 there was little or no wait to be seated. Since the main menus are the same, each floor has two restaurants across from each other so we went to the shortest line unless we wanted something from the section of the menu for each restaurant.

• Like 3

Thank you all. Had the same question as the OP.

We are a family with young kids and taking a cruise for the first time on the Ascent (Mar 10 sailing).

Went into the app/website to get ready for the cruise this morning and was pretty freaked out to see that "reservations are strongly suggested" and then there's no times to reserve before 9pm.

In my opinion, the way Celebrity communicates what to expect for "anytime dining" is super unclear for first time cruisers like us.

I wish they would make it crystal clear that reservations are not needed unless you have a large party who wants to be seated together, etc.

• Like 1