Grandeur Suite 1215

We were booked on the cancelled Mariner May 19th cruise, then waitlisted on the March 25th Grandeur MIA/NYC, which luckily cleared for a GTY concierge suite.  As of this morning we have been assigned Suite 1215.  I've looked at the sticky Suite Guru but there aren't any reviews.  We usually go for lower, midship as my husband experiences  motion/sea sickness.  I'm fine under almost any circumstances.

Anyone have comments about this suite? 

Close to 2 years ago, we stayed in 1201 on Splendor, and felt motion and vibration quite often, especially at night while the ship was moving. Being a little farther back from the front as you will be in 1215, you may not experience the motion and vibration that we did. Good luck and have a great cruise.

5 minutes ago, Gpilon said:

Close to 2 years ago, we stayed in 1201 on Splendor, and felt motion and vibration quite often, especially at night while the ship was moving. Being a little farther back from the front as you will be in 1215, you may not experience the motion and vibration that we did. Good luck and have a great cruise.

Hi Gpilon,  thanks for the info.  Off to purchase Bonine for my husband.  We both can’t wait for this cruise!

We were on deck 14 of Splendor (same class of ship) and had no problems with movement.

However, we did meet a guest on Explorer who was troubled by noise from the Culinary Kitchen immediately below suite #1215

52 minutes ago, Zqueeze1 said:

OilPainter 2020:  see you onboard!  

Z and TB

Pool bar. 4th sear from left…..3rd seat from right. Maybe one day we’ll jockey for it. Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flossie009 said:

We were on deck 14 of Splendor (same class of ship) and had no problems with movement.

However, we did meet a guest on Explorer who was troubled by noise from the Culinary Kitchen immediately below suite #1215

I saw that on the “Sticky” for Splendor.  There haven’t been any culinary classes scheduled for this cruise, so hopefully our suite will stay quiet. 
Thank you 

• Like 1

Hi OilPainter2020! We’re also on the MIA to NYC cruise!

While I don’t know anything about suite 1215, I do know there are culinary classes scheduled on 3/26, 3/27, 3/29, 3/30, 4/2, 4/4, 4/5, and 4/8. Several of these offer classes at 10a and 4p.

Hopefully, they will not be a disturbance to you 😊

Posted (edited)

Gosh, thanks for letting me know.  When I went on RSSC.com this afternoon, it showed no classes scheduled.  

My mistake!  It read No Class Selected because I didn’t look at the  drop down menu.  Hopefully, no odors will find their way to our suite. 

Edited by OilPainter2020
  • Like 1