EZ Air and airline rewards

rjack22

If you use EZ Air can you take advantage of your airlines skymile perks, say to upgrade to First Class?   I am talking Delta.   Does the option to use skymiles pop up when booking EZ Air?

We have booked Delta when using EZ air, but there wasn't any place to enter skymile perks.  However, sometimes after booking we have been able to upgrade.  There were times when the upgrade were available on line, other times had to call.   

When you book in EZAir, put in your Delta SkyMiles numbers for each passenger. That will add your flights to the Delta app. Go into the Delta app, select the flight and click on the seatmap and you can choose the new seats you want in the upgraded area. The app will ask if you want to pay for the new seats in cash or in points. 

In July, I will be flying (EZ Air) from Montreal to Maui on United Airlines. The first flight (co-branded) is operated by Air Canada to Denver, and the second flight is operated by United to Maui. I wonder if I can use United points to upgrade both flights, or even just the second flight? Anyone know? TIA!

2 hours ago, Teechur said:

In July, I will be flying (EZ Air) from Montreal to Maui on United Airlines. The first flight (co-branded) is operated by Air Canada to Denver, and the second flight is operated by United to Maui. I wonder if I can use United points to upgrade both flights, or even just the second flight? Anyone know? TIA!

Here is a link to United‘s  information on flight upgrades.  At the bottom is the link to Star Alliance upgrades. You can bring up your reservation and  view your  options. You should see offers.  The website will default to money, but click on the miles option.

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/mileageplus/awards/upgrade.html

13 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

Delta yes. (Note that American has recently announced changes to their program which will disallow points if booked via a third party.)

AA changes take effect for tickets purchased on May1, 2024 and beyond.  So if you have an EZ Air reservation, and want the miles, you probably will need to actually purchase the tickets by April 30, 2024, and not wait for final payment.

AA has stated that in order to earn miles, tickets must be purchased on its website, a One World Partner website, or one of their approved travel agencies.  The list of approved travel agencies will be published in April.  It’s doubtful EZ Air will be one of them.