MSC wrecking YC. Was a great product

mscdivina2016

Currently on Seascape, was on Seashore last month. Both a YCGS cabin.

This is just my observation and my opinion.

Older class of ships had 80 cabins and beautiful top sail lounge, restaurant and sun deck.

New class has about 130 cabins but no additional space.

The issues have been people are needing to wait to eat dinner till a table is available. Was not as bad on Seashore.

Top sail lounge has not had enough seats available in the evening to accommodate everyone and drink service has been slower.

The private island restaurant does not have enough space either so plastic tables and chairs are all around.

Shaded areas on the sundeck are hard to find.

Simply put, when you add 60% more capacity to the same space, you create your own problems.

Now they are shutting down the island to allow the new mega World America to be able to dock.

More YC cabins and more YC passengers.

Next there won't be enough loungers on YC island.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Currently on Seascape, was on Seashore last month. Both a YCGS cabin.

This is just my observation and my opinion.

Older class of ships had 80 cabins and beautiful top sail lounge, restaurant and sun deck.

New class has about 130 cabins but no additional space.

The issues have been people are needing to wait to eat dinner till a table is available. Was not as bad on Seashore.

Top sail lounge has not had enough seats available in the evening to accommodate everyone and drink service has been slower.

The private island restaurant does not have enough space either so plastic tables and chairs are all around.

Shaded areas on the sundeck are hard to find.

Simply put, when you add 60% more capacity to the same space, you create your own problems.

Now they are shutting down the island to allow the new mega World America to be able to dock.

More YC cabins and more YC passengers.

Next there won't be enough loungers on YC island.

I found the reason the OC restaurant had little seating was people would not leave once there and after they ate.  We didn't eat there.  But if we did we would just have done it picnic style and brought food back to our chairs.  

I agree with the lack of shade for lounge chairs but there were plenty of chairs and a shower to cool off with at the eating areas.

I've done the smaller and the larger Sea**** ships and I've not experienced any of what you've described. I've sailed in summer and over Christmas/New Year's (full sailings) and never had to wait to sit and eat. Elevator waits can be a problem even for YC guests so I'd like to see an improvement to the elevator hijack system.

We aren't 100% sure if changes will be made to Ocean House during the closure. Time will tell and I'll see for myself if World America YC is too much for the area...but I've already booked my cabana, just in case...😉

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I've done the smaller and the larger Sea**** ships and I've not experienced any of what you've described. I've sailed in summer and over Christmas/New Year's (full sailings) and never had to wait to sit and eat. Elevator waits can be a problem even for YC guests so I'd like to see an improvement to the elevator hijack system.

We aren't 100% sure if changes will be made to Ocean House during the closure. Time will tell and I'll see for myself if World America YC is too much for the area...but I've already booked my cabana, just in case...😉

Was told yesterday that they are adding to ocean house. Basically roof structures to cover guests for sun and rain and to allow for better furniture.

Another interesting thing was there is going to be a new channel cut so ships can sail in one way and out the other.

I asked if they will be able to dock two ships at the same time and was told. We will see.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Another interesting thing was there is going to be a new channel cut so ships can sail in one way and out the other.

I asked if they will be able to dock two ships at the same time and was told. We will see.

Adding a 2nd ship would be difficult. Things to consider like the current, underwater topography, environmental impact, etc. would be in addition to cost. Anything is possible when you consider the "before" and "after" of what they've done so far.

Some of the rumors as far as what they have planned for the next few years are interesting. Some would love for the rumors to be true and some would hate for the rumors to be true.

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see how World America's (WA) YC works out.
A rough guess based on rooms put's WA's YC guest count at around 586ppl
While Seashore/Sescape seem to be around 448ppl

Having not been on any MSC ship yet I don't know if that will be just way too many on WA and the whole point of the increased service/quality/space will not be to our liking.

I have been on several different ships( DIvina, Mera, Seaside and Seashore in the YC.  Only on the Seaside did we have to wait for a table and it was one time.  Also, the times I have visited the top sail lounge it never seems full unless it was the captain's party.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, GPPhilly said:

Also, the times I have visited the top sail lounge it never seems full unless it was the captain's party.  

This week was a first for this. I never saw it before.

Could be everyone is an early eater and doesn't want to leave YC.

Currently on the private island. Ocean house area is packed. We cannot even get a seat right now at 1:15.

Everyone is here, not on the beach it seems 

14 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

This week was a first for this. I never saw it before.

Could be everyone is an early eater and doesn't want to leave YC.

Currently on the private island. Ocean house area is packed. We cannot even get a seat right now at 1:15.

Everyone is here, not on the beach it seems 

Yes, the Ocean House area does get very crowded.  One time we had rented a cabana and very much enjoyed having our lunch delivered to us there.  But in general, the Ocean House can get so crowded.  I hope they really address this with the refresh while it is closed in April and May.  

54 minutes ago, GPPhilly said:

Yes, the Ocean House area does get very crowded.  One time we had rented a cabana and very much enjoyed having our lunch delivered to us there.  But in general, the Ocean House can get so crowded.  I hope they really address this with the refresh while it is closed in April and May.  

For clarity, the winds are real bad and seating is not available at ocean house. Just three tables.

All the lawn furniture is being used.