Noise from deck below?

Hi, we haven’t cruised in awhile and I forget if we need to worry about noise from the deck below us or just the deck above. I know it’s a dumb question but I would like to know. The restaurants are below our deck but all cabins above us. TIA. This is with Celebrity Silhouette;

50 minutes ago, elapel01 said:

Hi, we haven’t cruised in awhile and I forget if we need to worry about noise from the deck below us or just the deck above. I know it’s a dumb question but I would like to know. The restaurants are below our deck but all cabins above us. TIA. This is with Celebrity Silhouette;

Not dumb.

On Silhouette we always book deck 7 - Cabins above and below. This also puts our cabin above the lifeboats for an unobstructed view.

3 hours ago, elapel01 said:

If second-hand smoke bothers you, you may want to avoid balcony cabins on the port side of the Silhouette.  Celebrity allows smoking on the Promenade deck on the port side and the secondhand smoke can affect the balconies on the port side.

About the only noise I've ever heard from below was when our room was above where the anchor is located.    Let me tell you in a tender port when they drop it ---- Good Morning...

I can't imagine you would have any problem but a good idea to check out the sticky for your ship and specific room for any reports of noise.

12 hours ago, elapel01 said:

We were on the Silhouette a few years ago on that deck and I believe we were above a galley area behind the martini bar.  There was noise all night long from crew working after hours.  We stayed until the second night and it was the same noise.  They moved us to deck 7 and what a difference.  We finally got some good sleep.   I would never be above or below a bar or restaurant area again.  

Others advice to have cabins above and below is right on.

dlapel ~ this isn't a dumb question at all. If you are above the dining section of a restaurant (marked Tuscan Grille, Blu, Qsine and Murano below) you likely won't hear noise.  If you are on the port side of the ship above the big empty space between Murano and Blu, that's the galley and an area that you could hear noise at night as marycrus mentioned above.

image.thumb.png.03a9006862da3e4dbf2d68e195b17bd2.png

Years ago I learned my lesson about only booking cabins that have a deck of cabins below and above us.  I was on Century (long gone) with my daughter and we were directly under the gym.  There was early morning constant noise from an exercise class.  It was the last time we were below a public deck.  If you can locate your cabin on the deck plan, you should be able to determine what's directly under you.

Enjoy your cruise!

cruisedeckplans has a great tool that shows you exactly what is above and below a cabin.  It's called the Cabin Check tool.

We have been above restaurants and shops and had no issues.  So far we have avoided being above bars with music and places like the galley for the reasons others have stated.  

• Like 1