Le Havre as the final port and transfer to Paris

HIya -

I did a search on the port and did not find anything, but has anyone finished in Le Havre and know if NCL offers a transfer to the airport (CDG) or Central Paris?

Nothing is showing for excursions etc later this year so just not sure if they will or if we need to figure out ourselves.

Thanks in advance.

7 minutes ago, Mike Senior said:

You want to finish your cruise before the scheduled disembarkation port? See post 

Thanks for this. Not looking to finish early, just wondering if anyone had experience with finishing there and if they offered a transfer.

1 minute ago, Miss Ellsworth said:

To my knowledge, Le Havre is not a terminal port. Meaning cruises will stop there, but they don't begin or end there. I'm not aware of any, anyways. 

Our cruise 100% finishes there. My previous experience has always been what you mention. But this one is “Rome” to “Paris” on the Pearl.

1 minute ago, cliffy97 said:

Our cruise 100% finishes there. My previous experience has always been what you mention. But this one is “Rome” to “Paris” on the Pearl.

Then I happily stand corrected 

2 minutes ago, Miss Ellsworth said:

Then I happily stand corrected 

Definitely not the norm, I remember being surprised when we booked it.

Appreciate your message though :-)

6 minutes ago, cliffy97 said:

Definitely not the norm, I remember being surprised when we booked it.

Appreciate your message though 🙂

Maybe I'll have to check out that cruise or look for it in the future. Seeing the Bayeaux Tapestry, about 90 minutes from Le Harve, is very high on my list of travel wants, even as my opportunities dwindle. So I watch for cruises that include Le Havre as a port, but it would be a ton easier logistically to do that at the end of a cruise rather than as a single-day stop

And the tapestry has been scheduled off and on to be pulled for extensive restoration, which diminishes my chances even further once they finally do it. But searching NCL for this kind of itinerary just shot to the top of my list

Posted (edited)

I would be very surprised if they didn’t have transfers available and disembarkation tours. The disembarkation tours are published only 50 days before cruise departure so you’ll have to wait quite long for those. 

Edited by European_CruiseGirl

24 minutes ago, Miss Ellsworth said:

Maybe I'll have to check out that cruise or look for it in the future. Seeing the Bayeaux Tapestry, about 90 minutes from Le Harve, is very high on my list of travel wants, even as my opportunities dwindle. So I watch for cruises that include Le Havre as a port, but it would be a ton easier logistically to do that at the end of a cruise rather than as a single-day stop

And the tapestry has been scheduled off and on to be pulled for extensive restoration, which diminishes my chances even further once they finally do it. But searching NCL for this kind of itinerary just shot to the top of my list

We spent 3 days in Bayeux this summer. It was awesome and the tapestry was amazing. Great jumping off city for touring Normandy

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We just booked this Pearl cruise where we embark in Le Havre. 

9-day Cruise to Europe: Spain, Portugal & Gibraltar from Paris (Le Havre), France on Norwegian Pearl (ncl.com)

Yes, I believe they do offer transfers to/from the ship from/to the Paris CDG airport. Unfortunately, we are flying into Paris a day early and staying overnight at the airport hotel to avoid possibly missing the 3-hour transfer to the ship in Le Havre if our flight encounters an unexpected flight delay on embarkation day.

However, we just found out from NCL that the CDG airport security will not allow people back into the baggage claim area where the NCL representative will be on embarkation day if they didn't fly into the airport that day. As a result we had to book a car to take us to the terminal in Le Havre at a cost of over $600. But, yes, it appears they do offer same-day airport transfer service.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

1 hour ago, European_CruiseGirl said:

I would be very surprised if they didn’t have transfers available and disembarkation tours. The disembarkation tours are published only 50 days before cruise departure so you’ll have to wait quite long for those. 

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We just booked this Pearl cruise where we embark in Le Havre. 

Thank you both for the comments. I did not realise the transfer opened 50 days before We did a "Venice" last year and must have just looked at the right time.

At least we know it may be a possibility as the transfer I have looked at is roughly the same as Ken's and whilst I will pay if I have to prefer not to.

5 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

However, we just found out from NCL that the CDG airport security will not allow people back into the baggage claim area where the NCL representative will be on embarkation day if they didn't fly into the airport that day.

I'm skeptical about what the NCL rep told you. Just recently in Cape Town NCL told us that their cruise transportation would meet us in Baggage Claim but in reality it was after Baggage Claim in an area of the terminal where one went after retrieving their baggage. The same might be at CDG. Baggage Claim itself might be in a secure area you can't get to but neither can the NCL rep. The NCL rep would be standing inside the terminal where everyone comes out of the secure area. This is also typically friends & family await arriving passengers along with taxi and limo drivers. You might want to post something over on FlyerTalk and ask people familiar with CDG arrivals. I'd do that before paying $600 for a taxi ride to LaHavre.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

I'm skeptical about what the NCL rep told you. Just recently in Cape Town NCL told us that their cruise transportation would meet us in Baggage Claim but in reality it was after Baggage Claim in an area of the terminal where one went after retrieving their baggage. The same might be at CDG. Baggage Claim itself might be in a secure area you can't get to but neither can the NCL rep. The NCL rep would be standing inside the terminal where everyone comes out of the secure area. This is also typically friends & family await arriving passengers along with taxi and limo drivers. You might want to post something over on FlyerTalk and ask people familiar with CDG arrivals. I'd do that before paying $600 for a taxi ride to LaHavre.

Thanks! All I know is that our TA went to book a transfer through NCL from the CDG to Le Havre and was told no by the NCL rep they work with. I thought it was odd, so we asked the NCL Online Chat rep, and they confirmed that CDG is a no-go if you arrive the day before as we won’t be allowed to enter the airport pickup area where the NCL rep will be. So we’re cool paying for the private car and keeping our stress level low as I’m sure the NCL 3-hour bus transfer won’t be cheap either. But if we hear different, as we the cruise isn’t until Nov, we can always cancel the car.

Posted (edited)

At times a multi person van is cheaper per person if you’re u can get a group to go together.  Your might ask on the roll call if anyone else is interested.  We have had good luck with forming a group for private tours that way.

Edited by MagnoliaBlossom

16 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

At times a multi person van is cheaper per person if you’re u can get a group to go together.  Your might ask on the roll call if anyone else is interested.  We have had good luck with forming a group for private tours that way.

Good point. Unfortunately, there is no Roll Call for our specific itinerary yet. But I’ll definitely keep checking as we actually had to book a van/SUV as we will have 2 bags and a carry-on, and they have strict rules requiring a maximum of 2 bags when it comes to booking one of their cars. Like I mentioned earlier, we are low stress cruisers and don’t want to worry about the car being cancelled because we arrived with the “extra” carry-on bag. 😂

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Good point. Unfortunately, there is no Roll Call for our specific itinerary yet. But I’ll definitely keep checking as we actually had to book a van/SUV as we will have 2 bags and a carry-on, and they have strict rules requiring a maximum of 2 bags when it comes to booking one of their cars. Like I mentioned earlier, we are low stress cruisers and don’t want to worry about the car being cancelled because we arrived with the “extra” carry-on bag. 😂

Yep, we’re low stress cruisers, but with carryons only.  You can start the roll call yourself if you like.  I do find that lately that they are less active than in the past.  Probably due to social media sites.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cliffy97 said:

Thank you everyone for your responses and the discussion. It is always nice to know we can all help each other out.

Can you please tell me which cruise and dates that end in Le Harve as I’d be very interested

I just selected a random date for an NCL Dawn cruise Stockholm>Le Havre.  On the US site, choosing airfare adds the ground transportation.  $166.50 per person.  So transfers exist if adding the NCL airfare. 

OP, have you tried contacting NCL or your travel agent?

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, njkate said:

Can you please tell me which cruise and dates that end in Le Harve as I’d be very interested

Mine is 10 day from Rome ending on 21 Nov 24.

34 minutes ago, SomewhereGirl said:

I just selected a random date for an NCL Dawn cruise Stockholm>Le Havre.  On the US site, choosing airfare adds the ground transportation.  $166.50 per person.  So transfers exist if adding the NCL airfare. 

OP, have you tried contacting NCL or your travel agent?

I have not as I have found folks here seem to always know more than the folks on the phone. 🙂

36 minutes ago, cliffy97 said:

Mine is 10 day from Rome ending on 21 Nov 24.

I have not as I have found folks here seem to always know more than the folks on the phone. 🙂

Thank you! I would want extra days in LeHarve as 9 hours just isn’t enough time to see all I want so this or the one starting in LeHarve would work! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If you book a cruise starting from LeHarve and take NCL air with a 3 day deviation I know you have to use NCL hotel but are they booking you in LeHarve or Paris where the airport is? 
Just seeing if anyone knows before I have to call and wait on hold for who knows how long

Edited by njkate