Current charge to buy drink package and tip amounts

MomC

1 hour ago, GrammieK said:

About the silver level discount on the beverage package…..

I was told it only applies if you purchase the full package, and not if Upgrading from the basic package included with SM or OLife. 
k🛳

The language on their Oceania club benefits website says, "10% SAVINGS ON THE PRESTIGE SELECT BEVERAGE PACKAGE", which in a SimplyMore world is just the upgrade.  We have been given the 10% discount for our last two cruises, once we could prove that we had booked and paid in advance.

I do not doubt you were told that it applies only if you book the full package, as I had 3 different interpretations of whether I was eligible or not from Reception / Executive Concierge staff.

My feeling is that if it no longer applies in a SimplyMore world, remove it from the list of Oceania Club benefits.  Clearer language would not hurt.

Cheers,

Greg from the WildWanderers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Vallesan said:

The discount is only $3 a day. The upgrade costs $30 so on a 10 night cruise if you book the day after you board works out the same price! 
Longer cruises different story!

Yes, but on a 10 day cruise that is a $30 savings. But I agree, when we do upgrade to the full package we wait until at least the third day or more. Second night is usually Captain's Welcome, free drinks for 3 hours, no need for a package that day, then a couple of days later is the repeaters party, and if you're like us you get invited to two of them, so free drinks those nights. Fill that in wine & beer at lunch and dinner and we're good. It seems like our days of the upgrade on Oceania are numbered. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ORV said:

Yes, but on a 10 day cruise that is a $30 savings. But I agree, when we do upgrade to the full package we wait until at least the third day or more. Second night is usually Captain's Welcome, free drinks for 3 hours, no need for a package that day, then a couple of days later is the repeaters party, and if you're like us you get invited to two of them, so free drinks those nights. Fill that in wine & beer at lunch and dinner and we're good. It seems like our days of the upgrade on Oceania are numbered. 

YEP!