Sure excursion cancellation, window?

Wondering what the rules regarding cancellations are if someone decides to cancel a short excursion they have booked?
Is it three days prior to boarding the ship or is there a window once on board that is a certain number of days before the short excursion? Hoping someone knows for sure and will reply. I tried to find it, but somehow I missed it even though I know it must be there somewhere.

We had a few booked on our Alaskan cruise last year and ended up changing our mind on the shore excursions and changing them to something different once onboard. From what I have heard you can cancel up to 48 hours prior to port arrival without penalty.

Have canceled onboard the day of. Probably not the norm and would not suggest it. Really weren't expecting the refund to show up on our account but it did. May have been a waiting list and they filled the slots? 

Thanks for this information. I know some lines will give you your money back quite close to the excursion if someone else books your slot. What we are thinking about really isn’t an excursion. It’s a ferry ride, actually. However, you don’t get much time at the destination before you have to go back.  When I called customer service at RC today today, I had a bit of difficulty getting a reply. The agent kept telling me he couldn’t give me a reply unless he had my booking number,  which I didn’t have with me at the time. He also said he couldn’t look it up by my name and I think that’s probably not the truth.  I finally Asked why he wasn’t able to give me the answer to the question since it is just a general knowledge question and I just wanted to know the Royal  Caribbean policy. He then answered, saying you have to cancel it three days before embaration. That’s why I asked on here because I don’t think that’s accurate. I know that you have to BOOK  an excursion three days before you board however.

Thanks to all of you for your replies. I was sort of hoping someone could provide a link where I could see this on Royal Caribbean’s website or app. I don’t doubt anyone’s experience at all though. Thanks again!

• Like 1

Just in case, anyone else reads this thread, I was just able to verify via Royal Caribbean’s chat feature that the cancellation must be done at least 48 hours before the ship arrives at the port of your excursion, just as some of you said. I appreciate that all of you took the time to share your knowledge and experience re this.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mlbcruiser said:

Just in case, anyone else reads this thread, I was just able to verify via Royal Caribbean’s chat feature that the cancellation must be done at least 48 hours before the ship arrives at the port of your excursion, just as some of you said. I appreciate that all of you took the time to share your knowledge and experience re this.

Exceptions are still made, particularly if they have a waitlist for the excursion

Yes, we’ve been on the waitlist end of things, and once something opened up and someone I knew got their money back and another time it did not come through. I’d be surprised if there is a waitlist for what we are thinking of, but you never know! Thanks for your comments.