Shareholder credit without smart phone

eqj60

On 3/9/2024 at 2:21 PM, dickinson said:

@caribill It was extended through December 31, 2024.  I looked on Princess and see that my shareholder benefit was processed for my August 3 cruise and is listed with my other OBC.

As soon as it was extended to Dec 2024, I applied it to 4 cruises we have booked from August - November and it was applied to all of them within 10 minutes.  They even sent a notification email that the OBC was in place. I was previously approved when StockPerks first became Princess’s method for adding the OBC, so I didn’t have to go through that part of the process again.  Just for the heck of it, I tried to add it to my January 2025 cruise I have booked and it stated I would need to reapply in November 2024 to get that benefit.  So, looks like they will release at least the first half of 2025 dates several weeks before the end of 2024.  

@Cruise Raider After downloading stockperks app and I was approved, I asked for the shareholder credit.  It took just over two days for it to be applied.  I never received an email.  I only knew because I went to princess.com and saw it listed.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2024 at 5:06 PM, Crystabel said:

I agree. I downloaded the app and answered all their questions until it asked for our yearly income. I figured it was none of their business and “dismissed” it, but it wouldn’t allow me to skip it. Then I read their privacy policy. Oh, boy! Immediately emailed them to ask that my private information not be shared. I couldn’t get any further on the app, so just deleted it. Am I now stuck not being able to get my shareholder’s OBC? 

You don’t have to fill any of that personal info out, including your address or yearly income. I skipped the entire section and it went through fine. Most likely if you fill out a portion, it wants everything. 

I understand hesitation for new things but no one has to upload any personal info. You do have to have a login for the app, but you do not have to attach your stock account to Stockperks to get the OBC. The only thing that needs to be done is to upload a photo of your Carnival stock with everything else except your name redacted. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dickinson said:

@Cruise Raider After downloading stockperks app and I was approved, I asked for the shareholder credit.  It took just over two days for it to be applied.  I never received an email.  I only knew because I went to princess.com and saw it listed.

I received one for each cruise I applied it to .. and within minutes of applying for it.  

IMG_0818.jpeg

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

I received one for each cruise I applied it to .. and within minutes of applying for it.  

IMG_0818.jpeg

I wonder why I never got the email?  This was the first time I went through Stock Perks.

14 minutes ago, dickinson said:

14 minutes ago, dickinson said:

I wonder why I never got the email?  This was the first time I went through Stock Perks.

Not sure .. perhaps it went to your spam folder?  
I honestly don’t remember if I got an email for each cruise I applied it to a couple of months ago.

On 3/12/2024 at 8:08 AM, GK95 said:

You don’t have to fill any of that personal info out, including your address or yearly income. I skipped the entire section and it went through fine. Most likely if you fill out a portion, it wants everything. 

I understand hesitation for new things but no one has to upload any personal info. You do have to have a login for the app, but you do not have to attach your stock account to Stockperks to get the OBC. The only thing that needs to be done is to upload a photo of your Carnival stock with everything else except your name redacted. 

I was on the app but could not find a way to import/upload anything.  It required that I connect to my brokerage account.  How did you bypass entering your brokerage account information?

48 minutes ago, Meandu said:

I was on the app but could not find a way to import/upload anything.  It required that I connect to my brokerage account.  How did you bypass entering your brokerage account information?

Select Fidelity as your brokerage firm, even if they're not. That will allow you to upload a photo of your stock statement. Blackout everything except your Carnival stock and your name before taking the photo. And you do not have to provide Stockperks with your address, phone number or yearly income - just skip that entire section. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, GK95 said:

Select Fidelity as your brokerage firm, even if they're not. That will allow you to upload a photo of your stock statement. Blackout everything except your Carnival stock and your name before taking the photo. And you do not have to provide Stockperks with your address, phone number or yearly income - just skip that entire section. 

Thank you so much!  I’ll try it tonight!

• Like 1

@Cruise Raider  As I said previously, I never received the email saying that the OBC was approved.  Two days after submitting it I saw it on my personalizer.  Today I received an email from Stock perks saying, sorry but it has been denied!  Reason?  I already received it.  I checked the personalizer and it is still there. (thank goodness).  It scared me for a second!

• Thanks 1

Guest Pops37
On 3/8/2024 at 8:10 PM, dickinson said:

My cruise is August 3.  I was approved by stock perks so I then sent them my booking# etc.  I haven't seen anything added yet or heard from them.  I am hoping they will update.  How do you know that stock perks is only processing cruises through July?

I see lots of comments, some working some not most with difficulty or trepidation. I for 1 do not like this outsourcing. Much rather have CCL develop a simple app or web interface to process all of their brands internally.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2024 at 3:42 PM, cruzsnooze said:

I did it via email last month so the APP is not required ONLY SUGGESTED. email to

SBPCL@Princesscruises.com

just tried this and got a generic email saying to use the app and responded saying I really dont want to, hopefully they can add the credit. I really dislike them trying to force us to use another app to give our info to. We shouldnt be force into this and I hope others dont always jump to give all your data to any app you are told to use.

• Like 1