Shareholder credit without smart phone

eqj60

Have tried Search function without success. 

Is there anyway to get Shareholder credit now without phone ap?

Used to fax or email.

Many thanks!

I understand that they are working on a web based method, but for now, the Stock Perks app is the only way to apply for the credit. 

7 hours ago, eqj60 said:

Used to fax or email.

Many thanks!

I did it a couple of weeks ago. I emailed hello@stockperks.com my name, booking #, etc. along with an attachment from my brokerage showing that I own 100 shares of CCL.

They replied, stating that Princess "strongly recommends" using the app. I replied forcefully that I wasn't going to do that. They relented, and granted my $250 in OBC.

They also said that a website is in the works. There are at least 3 other threads on this topic which have lots of advice.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, eqj60 said:

Used to fax or email.

Many thanks!

Do you have a trusted family member who can assist? When I run into tech issues I usually ask my kids for an assist! It really is so quick and easy once you have the app and upload your information. We got our confirmation of our OBC the next morning. Might be worth giving it a try instead of trying to make it work through a method Princess no longer supports which might result in more time, effort, and frustration. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, eqj60 said:

Used to fax or email.

Many thanks!

Do you have friends or family who could download the app?

I emailed Stockperks last year for my January cruise.  Told them I didn't want to use the app and they added my benefit no problem.  I sent them an email last week with the same request for my June cruise and they added my benefit no issues. 

4 minutes ago, Seafan22 said:

Is it in the regular Princes app of is it a separate app to apply for that benefit?  I can't find it.

It's completely separate from the Princess app. Stockperks is its own app - you can go the app store and do a search and then download on your phone.

• Like 1

My sister submitted request via e mail to hello at stockperks and got multiple emails (auto reply?) from ‘Zac’  to use app over 10 days.  I was going to download app on my phone to do it for her BUT she got another e mail address from Princess to contact Carnivalcorp at stockperks for benefits. Finally got it applied after 2 weeks back and forth.  She is very annoying with this new process after being a shareholder for 20+ years. 

• Like 1

Yup.  And while the Carnival stock perk web page indicates that you can get the benefit for any cruise through Dec 31, stockperks is only processing cruises through July.

38 minutes ago, LeeW said:

Yup.  And while the Carnival stock perk web page indicates that you can get the benefit for any cruise through Dec 31, stockperks is only processing cruises through July.

The web page lists the time period that the CCL board has approved the benefit for (they renew it each year). 

Different lines have different requirements for how far in advance of a cruise that they will approve the benefit.  Princess for example is far more lax than P&O UK. 90 days in advance of the cruise seems to be the norm that several lines use.  With Princess I was able to go 6 months out using the App.  With P&O only 90 days

5 hours ago, LeeW said:

My cruise is August 3.  I was approved by stock perks so I then sent them my booking# etc.  I haven't seen anything added yet or heard from them.  I am hoping they will update.  How do you know that stock perks is only processing cruises through July?

Usually by late February the stockholders OBC is approved for an additional year. 

I have not seen that this has happened as it should have been extended by now for bookings though December 25, 2025.

Has anyone seen any notice that it has either been extended or is being eliminated?

It usually is listed near the front of the annual stockholder's report, but is not there this year.

On 3/4/2024 at 2:28 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

You need to go to Share Perks.  App only.  Could use a friend's phone or use a computer at your local library.  

Just what computer security experts recommend, putting your personal information on someone else's digital device.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, caribill said:

Just what computer security experts recommend, putting your personal information on someone else's digital device.

I agree. I downloaded the app and answered all their questions until it asked for our yearly income. I figured it was none of their business and “dismissed” it, but it wouldn’t allow me to skip it. Then I read their privacy policy. Oh, boy! Immediately emailed them to ask that my private information not be shared. I couldn’t get any further on the app, so just deleted it. Am I now stuck not being able to get my shareholder’s OBC? 

On 3/4/2024 at 3:28 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

You need to go to Share Perks.  App only.  Could use a friend's phone or use a computer at your local library.  Lots of helpful people in almost every town could assist.  

If app only, you would need a phone - not a PC at the library. Clearly the OP has a computer, but not a smartphone.

55 minutes ago, Crystabel said:

I agree. I downloaded the app and answered all their questions until it asked for our yearly income. I figured it was none of their business and “dismissed” it, but it wouldn’t allow me to skip it. Then I read their privacy policy. Oh, boy! Immediately emailed them to ask that my private information not be shared. I couldn’t get any further on the app, so just deleted it. Am I now stuck not being able to get my shareholder’s OBC? 

I was able to do mine without giving them any information other than setting up the account and submitting a picture of the applicable section of my most recent statement, with account numbers blacked out.  If I recall there was a path where one could supply a lot of information, but there was also a path where one could bypass those questions.

I was reluctant to use Shareperks.  Tried the usual email to Princess and got reply that they got my shareholder OBC request but that was a month ago and no obc still.  Meanwhile my cruise was coming up in mid March so I used Shareperks.  It was easy to use and I had printed out the pertinant page of the stockbroker website that showed the 100 + shares and blackened out account number and other sensitive stuff.  That was what I downloaded to send them.  4 days later I got message that it was accepted and that the reward was available to redeem.  Did the redemption and 5 business days later saw the obc on the Princess website in my account.

• Like 2

Guest Pops37

After a few back and forth emails with Corp. They sent me this info. I expect redacted image will work. But just in case I plan to bring a copy of broker report when sailing.

..."You may click the " contact us " on the app or email carnivalcorp@stockperks.com regarding the issue or concern you are having on the app. You may also submit your shareholder benefits on this email 3 weeks prior to your sailing date."