Live From Celebrity Constellation 3/11-3/23

3 minutes ago, laurieal said:

I am also around the same age and I almost always sail with Royal Caribbean. Last year, I went on a 7 days Caribbean cruise on the Celebrity Beyond. I was very impressed with the entertainment, particularly the shows that were some of the best I've ever seen on cruise ships. Overall, I really felt like I was the target age for the entertainment.

Not sure if it was that particular ship, the whole Edge class or just because the cruise was shorter, but if you're looking at maybe trying Celebrity I recommend checking out the activity schedule for the Edge class.

That's what I've heard about the edge class as well, although not been on edge class yet. The marketing material seems aimed at younger people as well.

My trouble is that I'm mostly interested at longer and more interesting trips these days, and those tend to skew older.

• Like 3

We're going on the next cruise (TA), and the App shows Beyond The Podium presenters as Patti D'beck and David Leong. 

Two seminars posted so far:

Day 4:The Biggest Musical Theater Hits

Day 7: The Golden Age of Hollywood Movies

Are they the same presenters you have now ?

37 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

I know it now,  but not sure I can retain that information 😆.

I'm pretty agreeable to whatever brand of sparkling wine is presented to me. The only one I've not enjoyed is the one MSC sells for room delivery. 

Cunard’s Pol Acker is widely derided, and I certainly wouldn’t pay money for it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, onyourmark said:

We're going on the next cruise (TA), and the App shows Beyond The Podium presenters as Patti D'beck and David Leong. 

Two seminars posted so far:

Day 4:The Biggest Musical Theater Hits

Day 7: The Golden Age of Hollywood Movies

Are they the same presenters you have now ?

Yes, and I've found them very interesting. 

2 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Cunard’s Pol Acker is widely derided, and I certainly wouldn’t pay money for it.

If it's the one they put in my room I was not displeased with it.

3 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

If it's the one they put in my room I was not displeased with it.

There’s another thing if we ever sail together. You can have mine, though last time they wisely didn’t give me any.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, onyourmark said:

Thank you.  That's just wonderful to know we should make sure not to miss them.

They both have a lot of experience in the business and have met and worked with some big names

Patti was even on the Ed Sullivan show several times and showed us some clips of her performance. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, exlondoner said:

There’s another thing if we ever sail together. You can have mine, though last time they wisely didn’t give me any.

I will be glad to take that off your hands 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

They shrunk them down but they were still very good. Nice flavor and a little kick of heat. Very tasty.

Spaghetti bolognese and turkey panini 

17104409937885432201367230074782.thumb.jpg.368c8c880905adf45d8f24feae97341d.jpg

17104410080026059877609293675359.thumb.jpg.a422da23527b0274707b19ff8bafe9a2.jpg

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 4

I really enjoyed the sandwich and so did my mom although she was not a fan of the pesto.

The spaghetti was just OK. I enjoy more sauce and this was not sauced very well. The bread was unremarkable but I still enjoyed the pasta overall.

Chocolate mousse. 

17104417860804097718831649812497.thumb.jpg.5c5142c592ed84444478072c2246102c.jpg

• Like 4

I almost skipped the mousse but glad I did not. Simply Devine. My mom wants to hit up al bacio and I know I don't have the will power to not grab something else while there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jam19872016 said:

I almost skipped the mousse but glad I did not. Simply Devine. My mom wants to hit up al bacio and I know I don't have the will power to not grab something else while there.

That's my middle name "no willpower" !!

If it's in the house I'll eat it!  That's why I don't buy allot of sweets or breads!!

my DH had a sweet tooth, so always had something fattening to pick on.  Since he's been gone I've  lost 20 pounds!!

Hugs from Texas

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, princess76021 said:

That's my middle name "no willpower" !!

If it's in the house I'll eat it!  That's why I don't buy allot of sweets or breads!!

my DH had a sweet tooth, so always had something fattening to pick on.  Since he's been gone I've  lost 20 pounds!!

Hugs from Texas

I'm the same way so don't usually buy junk food, too tempting. 

• Like 2

Other than the usual Pool and Party bands is there any after diner music in the lounges? I'm thinking back to when we used to see Ray Brown Jr. on the Silhouette.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sasset said:

Other than the usual Pool and Party bands is there any after diner music in the lounges? I'm thinking back to when we used to see Ray Brown Jr. on the Silhouette.

Yes. Here is what is offered up tonight.

Screenshot_20240314-151412_Celebrity.jpg

Screenshot_20240314-151438_Celebrity.jpg

Screenshot_20240314-151501_Celebrity.jpg

Screenshot_20240314-151516_Celebrity.jpg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

I really enjoyed the sandwich and so did my mom although she was not a fan of the pesto.

I actually like pesto sauce, which they don't offer at the 'made-to-order" pasta bar.  I ask for it on the first day, and they bring it up from the dining room's kitchen, to have it available at the buffet for the rest of the cruise.

Penne with pesto sauce, sun-dried tomatoes and kalamata olives makes a tasty lunch for me on Celebrity.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, onyourmark said:

I actually like pesto sauce, which they don't offer at the 'made-to-order" pasta bar.  I ask for it on the first day, and they bring it up from the dining room's kitchen, to have it available at the buffet for the rest of the cruise.

Penne with pesto sauce, sun-dried tomatoes and kalamata olives makes a tasty lunch for me on Celebrity.

I liked it. She said it made her bread soggy.  Not sure I would like it on my pasts since I like a lot of sauce  but I enjoyed it on my sammich.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

I liked it. She said it made her bread soggy.  Not sure I would like it on my pasts since I like a lot of sauce  but I enjoyed it on my sammich.

When they make it to order they will add as many spoonfuls of pesto as you like.

But once in a while you get a new crew member who needs to be coached on what pesto is in the first place..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, laurieal said:

I am also around the same age and I almost always sail with Royal Caribbean. Last year, I went on a 7 days Caribbean cruise on the Celebrity Beyond. I was very impressed with the entertainment, particularly the shows that were some of the best I've ever seen on cruise ships. Overall, I really felt like I was the target age for the entertainment.

Not sure if it was that particular ship, the whole Edge class or just because the cruise was shorter, but if you're looking at maybe trying Celebrity I recommend checking out the activity schedule for the Edge class.

Good point. Edge class I would picture being a similar experience, especially since most are 7 day cruises. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colesc15 said:

Good point. Edge class I would picture being a similar experience, especially since most are 7 day cruises. 

If nothing else, at least there is a better variety of included dining options.