Live From Celebrity Constellation 3/11-3/23

53 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Back on the ship.

Warmer today but I still think Grand Cayman was warmer.

Still no orange squril sighting but I spoke to someone who saw it today so it is still around somewhere.

You would think I could easily spot an orange squirl but I am the type of person who wouldn't spot a naked man walk past me in a crowd 🤷.

They have been pushing specialty restaurants hard this cruise. Even at dinner they have been coming around. It is a bit of a turn off to get an upsell in the buffet, worse at dinner and reeks of desperation. Reminds me of Royal Caribbean before they introduced dining packages.

Celebrity has recently introduced unlimited dining, I checked before the cruise, cost was almost $600 plus 20%. I can see why they have not filled up their slots.

Anyway, the point of that long ramble was they were handing out coupons at the gangway so I grabbed one. 20% off at sushi on 5, I don't see an expiration and the only exclusions are it's not combinable with other discounts or on beverages so I will hold onto it and one day if the buffet does not excite me, I will try some sushi.

You did not miss a naked man!  It was (believe it or not) a lady with a spaghetti strap dress.  Zoom in and you will see

Hugs from Texas

• Like 1

Buffet is a zoo with everyone back on the ship. I had to start standing my ground on the buffet line with the line cutters. 

Only one line for me, the salad line as the food looks truly dreadful.

It was fisherman's delight buffet today. I didn't expect lobster amd scallops but all I saw were four types of mystery fish in mystery sauces. I couldn't bring myself to try any of them. I did grab a stuffed avocado that looked good.

17106134618486605053499444099830.thumb.jpg.74ef7ee14d9c7d115df1314624030d29.jpg

1710613473766836292070964047951.thumb.jpg.92bf3ff11c367f4cafafe8e008b1e927.jpg

Today would have been a good day for the sushi coupon.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, princess76021 said:

You did not miss a naked man!  It was (believe it or not) a lady with a spaghetti strap dress.  Zoom in and you will see

Hugs from Texas

I was talking about the one @exlondoner missed in Las Ramblas 😆 

• Like 1

You had a few dinners by now, but have not said much about the service quality.

If you happen to be impressed with a waiter, please post the name and table number so we can benefit even more from your review.

We made reservations on the app mostly at 7:15pm each evening on the following sailing.to Barcelona.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, onyourmark said:

You had a few dinners by now, but have not said much about the service quality.

If you happen to be impressed with a waiter, please post the name and table number so we can benefit even more from your review.

We made reservations on the app mostly at 7:15pm each evening on the following sailing.to Barcelona.

I've had three sets. The first was good, the second was very good, the third was struggling to keep up and service was a little slow. Nice enough, and he was trying. I will try to get the name of the second group and table number tonight the waiter and assistant both stood out to us. 

Edited to add: even the reservation line at 715 has been pretty bad. I think they benefit from not needing a pager, but unfortunately a reservation does not mean you will get right in. It's been better as the cruise has gone along but the first couple days were rough.

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

I've had three sets. The first was good, the second was very good, the third was struggling to keep up and service was a little slow. Nice enough, and he was trying. I will try to get the name of the second group and table number tonight the waiter and assistant both stood out to us. 

Great.  You probably know that you can request to be seated at the waiter's "station" when you line up for dinner.  I snap a picture of the table number which also lists the names for the waiter, assistant waiter and sommelier.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, onyourmark said:

Great.  You probably know that you can request to be seated at the waiter's "station" when you line up for dinner.  I snap a picture of the table number which also lists the names for the waiter, assistant waiter and sommelier.

I usually just take whatever they give me. I told my mom we could request someone if she likes but she hasn't so far. We both agree the middle set was the standout. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Looks way more enticing than the lunch.  lol.  Great info on the coupons for sushi…will need to watch for that for sure.

It was far better. My mom got a couple desserts from the buffet and they were disappointing. I've given up on them, but al bacio is really good.

• Like 2

Sorry if you answered this already, how is the gym? Only made it to the gym once on our last cruise on the Silhouette, and that was only a walk through. But I thought it was nice. 😉

3 minutes ago, Mike981 said:

Sorry if you answered this already, how is the gym? Only made it to the gym once on our last cruise on the Silhouette, and that was only a walk through. But I thought it was nice. 😉

It's small but adequate for the size of the ship and the machines all seem to be in working order. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

It was far better. My mom got a couple desserts from the buffet and they were disappointing. I've given up on them, but al bacio is really good.

I always thought al bacio was good.  The buffet desserts look amazing but perhaps the level of mass production has an impact on the quality.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

I always thought al bacio was good.  The buffet desserts look amazing but perhaps the level of mass production has an impact on the quality.

I think it's the budget impacting the quality but that's just my opinion. 

30 minutes ago, Mike981 said:

Isn’t saying the gym is nice a bit like saying triangles are square?

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, hcat said:

outstanding photo..perfect timing!

so what was good to shop for?

I tried to get some photos of the shopping today when I went back out.

The first building you walk to has Alcohol, Perfumes and Cigarettes'.

20240316_121510-XL.jpg

20240316_121518-XL.jpg

20240316_121528-XL.jpg

20240316_121530-XL.jpg

20240316_121533-XL.jpg

And then I was approached and told I could not take pictures unless I was taking a picture of a specific product. I have never ever been told that or heard of that before. Very strange, but I stopped taking pictures and moved on.

I did note that White Hennessey was $72 which is the cheapest I have seen recently and smokes were between $20-$30 a carton which I don't think I have ever seen that price in my lifetime.

• Like 3

In the main store I pulled the phone back out and snapped away and nobody said anything, but I was still rushing a bit as to not push my luck so I may have missed some items and don't think I noted any prices. I would say they were reasonable.

20240316_124751-XL.jpg

20240316_124755-XL.jpg

20240316_124759-XL.jpg

20240316_124804-XL.jpg

20240316_124809-XL.jpg

20240316_124811-XL.jpg

• Like 3