Live From Celebrity Constellation 3/11-3/23

25 minutes ago, laurieal said:

Is tea time a thing on all Celebrity ships? If it is I never noticed it when I sailed with them.

I've never noticed it before. It is not in the app or the paper. I only heard about it from another passenger. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jam19872016 said:

I've never noticed it before. It is not in the app or the paper. I only heard about it from another passenger. 

They have scones (plain & Raisin), clotted cream and a couple types of finger sandwiches. Teas is from the tea bags they have in the buffet.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, STLCRUISIN said:

They have scones (plain & Raisin), clotted cream and a couple types of finger sandwiches. Teas is from the tea bags they have in the buffet.

Now you tell us ten days in 🤣

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Now you tell us ten days in 🤣

If you want tea, stick to Cunard. They bring it to you, so you don’t have to carry stuff, the tea is made with leaves, they have Wilkins jam, and there is a string trio. Sandwiches aren’t as good as they used to be, though: they don’t always have smoked salmon.

• Like 2

I'm trying to taper my mom's expectations. This is not going to be anything like Cunard’s tea time but I hope it's at least better than Carnival's. Besides, until I have seen sufficient evidence they can match the salt and pepper, I can't book them no matter how lovely the food.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, jam19872016 said:

I'm trying to taper my mom's expectations. This is not going to be anything like Cunard’s tea time but I hope it's at least better than Carnival's. Besides, until I have seen sufficient evidence they can match the salt and pepper, I can't book them no matter how lovely the food.

Yes, I see your point. It is always good for a man to have standards. 😀

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

No salmon and no clotted cream just whipped cream.

17109666731873675279704628773669.thumb.jpg.fc5aad014c40061e2633f5eea693f2f9.jpg

We won’t blame Celeb for the deficient plating. But the bread things are too big to count as teatime sandwiches. Now whisper it: there have been many complaints that Cunard serves whipped not clotted cream. Have you a separate cake plate?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bluewater1298 said:

The pound cake looks like the same ones they had in the Al Bacon display. I wonder if they swiped a few from the cart this morning?

Serves them right for not providing security.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

We won’t blame Celeb for the deficient plating. But the bread things are too big to count as teatime sandwiches. Now whisper it: there have been many complaints that Cunard serves whipped not clotted cream. Have you a separate cake plate?

I had to Google the difference. Not sure I would know if they told me it was clotted cream if they were being truthful or not 😆.

No cakes, just the apricot belinger because I wanted to stay away from things that looked like they could be part of the regular buffet. The plan worked well.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bluewater1298 said:

Beetroot sandwich looks interesting. Please let us know how it is

Very tasty. The bread to filling ratio looked off but it was not. It had cream cheese on it and it paired very nicely with the beet.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Very tasty. The bread to filling ratio looked off but it was not. It had cream cheese on it and it paired very nicely with the beet.

Yum! I may have to make one myself. Never heard of it

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bluewater1298 said:

Yum! I may have to make one myself. Never heard of it

I vaguely recall seeing something similar once at Cafe Promenade just on the little round buns they use. I could be mistaken but I've seen something similar somewhere. It was very tasty. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, OrtonPark said:

How are the gym facilities? Is it necessary to sign up to use equipment? 

Small but seems adequate for the number of people on the ship. First come first serve but there has always been availability. 

Treadmills to my left.

20240320_174343.thumb.jpg.3c7865c058a8b630708a07c2a771ac03.jpg

And my right.

20240320_174349.thumb.jpg.6d3501e78fe3342a0591f1822ad7d4e0.jpg

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1