Earliest flight time from Melbourne

My husband & I just booked a Princess cruise that starts in Sydney & ends in Melbourne Oct 5th. 
The cruise makes a port stop in Melbourne Sep 28th from 7:00AM-10:00PM. We plan to visit the Healesville Sanctuary that day.

We would prefer to fly straight to Queenstown the day we disembark but the latest nonstop flight is at 11:35AM. 
We are not priority on Princess but we always do self disembark. 

Would it be to much of a gamble to book the 11:35AM flight?
Per Princess website…

For voyages arriving in Melbourne, the earliest flight departure is 5 hours and 30 minutes after ship's arrival.’

Thanks,

Juli

its possible to do it  but like  anywhere   you have to have everything go  spot on for you  ship arriving ontime then getting to airport if the ubering it and there is no delays on the freeway  or having to get public transport to the airport.

why put yourself in a position of worry  as in are we going to get their on time   if we book the earlist flight possible  specially if there is delays  

its doable thou

4 hours ago, Cool Breeze Cruiser said:

Thanks. I went ahead & booked a room at the Jazz Corner Hotel in Melbourne for the night after we disembark our cruise right after I made this post.

Looks like I made the right choice. 

Sensible. I've been on one cruise into Melbourne where there was fog in the bay so our arrival was a couple of hours later than scheduled. 

6 hours ago, Cool Breeze Cruiser said:

Thanks. I went ahead & booked a room at the Jazz Corner Hotel in Melbourne for the night after we disembark our cruise right after I made this post.

Looks like I made the right choice. 

i think you have, you dont have to worry about rushing to the airport like a blue ass fly specially if there is delays  getting into port then road traffic