Queen Mary Auckland/Sydney Feb 27 2026 M605C

anjo

Hi everyone,

Recieved an email regarding this cruise from an Australian  Cruise Agency on Thursday 7th March. This segment is part of the 2026 World cruise. I live in NZ and am keen to book a Britannia inside stateroom. I realise there will be very limited cabins, but can't  seem to find any available, even on Cunard website. Are they likely to be all sold already considering they were only released on Friday? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Anjo.

Posted (edited)

I posted the link in the other thread, but I'll do it here too: - https://www.cunard.com/en-au/find-a-cruise/M605C/M605C

None of them say sold out. The prices are all still there,  you just cant click on them. Other voyages that have sold out always say "sold out" - they don't give a price.   

To me, this says Cunard hasn't allowed any bookings to start for this voyage - probably to stop people from taking good cabins for five nights and scaring off people who would want it for the world voyage or USA to Sydney.   

Your best bet might be to contact a travel agent and give them the cruise number and maybe they could get around it. Or it might be a matter of waiting until Cunard makes it available.    

On a related note, I was just looking at Queen Anne's 2025 Auckland to Sydney trip which has been fully sold out since it came on sale now has some availability - albeit only Princess Grill.

https://www.cunard.com/en-au/find-a-cruise/H506C/H506C

Edited by Jim_P

This same issue appears with all three of QM2's 2026 voyages listed in the brochure as beginning or ending in Auckland.

M604K: Los Angeles to Auckland, 3 Feb-27 Feb 2026 (23 nights)

M605A: San Francisco to Auckland, 6 Feb-27 Feb 2026 (20 nights)

M605C: Auckland to Sydney, 27 Feb-4 Mar 2026 (5 nights)

Auckland is still listed on the itineraries of QM2's 2026 world voyage segments that don't begin or end there. But for whatever reason you can't book any of these QM2 2026 voyages that embark or disembark in Auckland.

Jim_P and bluemarble,

Thanks for your replies. I now have a glimmer of hope (I was going to give up!) and will hopefully get some joy from the Australian Cruise Agency or Cunard tomorrow.I did see on Cunards website that it wasn't showing sold out, the prices were there, but you couldn't  click to book.

Thanks,

Anjo.

On 3/9/2024 at 8:53 AM, arxcards said:

Note too that availability on this will be slim, and only filling a void for passengers leaving the previous cruise in Auckland instead of Sydney. It currently shows that only Princess Grill suite(s) guarantees as available.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jim_P said:

I posted the link in the other thread, but I'll do it here too: - https://www.cunard.com/en-au/find-a-cruise/M605C/M605C

None of them say sold out. The prices are all still there,  you just cant click on them. Other voyages that have sold out always say "sold out" - they don't give a price.   

To me, this says Cunard hasn't allowed any bookings to start for this voyage - probably to stop people from taking good cabins for five nights and scaring off people who would want it for the world voyage or USA to Sydney.   

Your best bet might be to contact a travel agent and give them the cruise number and maybe they could get around it. Or it might be a matter of waiting until Cunard makes it available.    

On a related note, I was just looking at Queen Anne's 2025 Auckland to Sydney trip which has been fully sold out since it came on sale now has some availability - albeit only Princess Grill.

https://www.cunard.com/en-au/find-a-cruise/H506C/H506C

That is largely correct. Sold out isn't a term used, but unavailable because that sector is over-subscribed compared to the other sectors of the voyage. Priority will always go to full world bookings, then a matched release of the usual long sectors. The bits and pieces itineraries only become available to balance numbers between longer bookings. In this case, it would be to fill a gap between those disembarking in Auckland and those boarding in Sydney.

In times gone by, these short itineraries were never listed and only became available, via word of mouth, after the final payment date.

Just to let you know, we are in a similar position. Whilst sailing on the recent QV voyage from Auckland to Sydney, we lodged a booking request with the on board voyage sales team for the QM2 Auckland to Sydney sailing in Feb 2026. As yet, we have not heard anything from the central Cunard reservation team to progress our booking.