Will it be Bliss? Our first NCL Post-Covid Cruise - Live!

What an amazing sailaway.  I wasn’t expecting much.  Just stunning! 

next up- Cagney’s!  Truly a family favorite.  Love our NCL traditions. 

IMG_6755.jpeg

IMG_6756.jpeg

IMG_6757.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, L1211 said:

Far Niente Chardonnay is crazy good

OMG, love Far Niente.  We visited Nickel and Nickel (sp?) almost 20 years ago… which is the vintner of Far Niente.  When we sailed Bliss in Nov we didn’t have FAS+.  I survived on the basic Prosecco, (which I like )…tough, I know.🥰

At Cagney, just remembered that bottled wine is included!  Bottle of Silverado Cab for the win!  Chipping away at that FAS+ up charge! 

IMG_6764.jpeg

• Like 3

First course!  
onion soup- 9/10 - almost perfect, tad salty. 
tuna tar tar - 8/10 - maybe one of the DH’s highest ratings!  Tuna if fantastic- cold, fresh, delicious. A big one note. Sesame oil forward. 

hitting it out of the park Cagney’s!! 

IMG_6765.jpeg

IMG_6766.jpeg

• Like 1

Salads - 

- Caesar - best on the ship!

- wedge - outstanding!  8/10 - only downfall - dressing may be ranch not blue cheese 

- tomato and onion - terrible - tomatoes not ripe, onions strong.  Terrible ordering 

IMG_6769.jpeg

IMG_6768.jpeg

IMG_6767.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, L1211 said:

tablet menus of wines.

I’ve seen and enjoyed ‘those’ a few, how is the Sparkling? I start my Friday at 11 with a bubble, and completely intend to be a very frequent bubble from sun up to sun down for my cruise. I’m someone that diet cokes and Cava in my normal life. I’m now NCL Diet Coke+, need help on the non rose bubble. (I’m a dirty girl that will add lemon to a champs that is muddy or sweet .. no shame here)

Dinner- a lot to unpack!

filets - 9/10 and 10/10 char, amazing, cook amazing! Excellent but you couldn’t fork cut 
grilled fisherman’s platter. Solid- shrimp well grilled and tasty,  fish a bit over. Crab cake- just ok- too much food 

sides 

mashed potatoes 11/10- life changing! 
truffle fries- 4/10 - nuff daid

zucchini- sad

onion rings- solid.  Needed ketchup

potatoes augratin- 10/10 - the best potatoes ever!  So good 

risotto - fine

spinach - really good  

IMG_6775.jpeg

IMG_6774.jpeg

IMG_6773.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Dinner- a lot to unpack!

filets - 9/10 and 10/10 char, amazing, cook amazing! Excellent but you couldn’t fork cut 
grilled fisherman’s platter. Solid- shrimp well grilled and tasty,  fish a bit over. Crab cake- just ok- too much food 

sides 

mashed potatoes 11/10- life changing! 
truffle fries- 4/10 - nuff daid

zucchini- sad

onion rings- solid.  Needed ketchup

potatoes augratin- 10/10 - the best potatoes ever!  So good 

risotto - fine

spinach - really good  

IMG_6771.jpeg

IMG_6770.jpeg

IMG_6772.jpeg

Edited by L1211
  • Like 1

Dessert course.

creme brûlée- 4/10 - very custard. Not creamy 

Apple pie - pretty flavorful, lacked crustiness

Berry crumble - 7/10 - surprisingly tasty. Ice cream was great 

7 layer chocolate cake- 9/10 - should have just shared this with the entire family!

IMG_6781.jpeg

IMG_6780.jpeg

IMG_6779.jpeg

IMG_6778.jpeg

• Like 1

Came back to a message in the room regarding priority access tendering- no ticket required. Proceed to deck 4 and tender on your schedule.  That’s perfect!! Nice touch. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Can we talk about ship time Versus port time??! Way too much trouble.  Please make ship time whatever your iPhone says it is!!! 

Edited by L1211
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Lush LaRue said:

I’ve seen and enjoyed ‘those’ a few, how is the Sparkling? I start my Friday at 11 with a bubble, and completely intend to be a very frequent bubble from sun up to sun down for my cruise. I’m someone that diet cokes and Cava in my normal life. I’m now NCL Diet Coke+, need help on the non rose bubble. (I’m a dirty girl that will add lemon to a champs that is muddy or sweet .. no shame here)

I have FAS+ and have not had champagne! Terrible!!  I need to up  my game…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Overall Cagney’s review- it was amazing!  A family favorite for a reason.  Everyone has a memorable and fantastic meal.  Something we’ll talk about.  My only beef- service was quick between courses- not much “table time” to just enjoy.  That kinda explains service all week. So highly effective, no lingering time!! 

• Like 5

Good morning CC!  After a hot walk, needed a pepper breakfast.  Buffet is a madhouse (of course it is!). Counter 7 omelette Stations- from no wait to 6 or 7 deep, proving the theory, keep looking!  It is a total breakfast loop-  I saw nothing other than Indian that is unique.  

No wait at the Local!  Breakfast sammie and Diet Coke. 

IMG_6790.jpeg

• Like 3

Oh my, a fried egg would have been best practice on that breakfast sandwich- fell totally apart!  The bun was delicious, sandwich just didn’t work. 

• Like 2

Mazatlán today!  Here’s the plan- hop on hop off bus tour- that was free for DH and myself- only $49 so extra port credit covered it.  Total of $49 invested for the 4 of us - #winning!  Getting the most out of that FAS+!!  So,

told the fam, if we are ready to go, we can use Uber back to ship.  Still may take the ferry to Stone Island for a little beach time, Although that doesn’t appear to be a great beach…

some Morning walk sights. 

IMG_6788.jpeg

IMG_6787.jpeg

IMG_6784.jpeg

IMG_6783.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just heard the folks near to me order the American breakfast- asked what kind of eggs they wanted- huh?  I suppose you could “call” a fried egg on the sandwich for the win! 

• Like 1

I had forgotten Mazatlán is a working port - trolleys provided to get the the exit.  Now I’m wondering where my meeting place is for the excursion- I’m expecting it to be where those buses are near the trolleys- will see! 

IMG_6793.jpeg

IMG_6794.jpeg

IMG_6792.jpeg

IMG_6791.jpeg

Let’s talk FAS+ worth it or not?  For us,

totally yes!  But does the math make sense?? 

unlimited WiFi buy up- $130 pp

extra dining pkg- $90 pp

Starbucks $70 pp for the pkg for the week

extra excursion credit $50 or $25 pp because we only used it once.

that gets us to $315 and the cost was $350

we ate up that $35 difference in high end drinks on day one!!!  

Making money… #winning!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Let’s talk FAS+ worth it or not?  For us,

totally yes!  But does the math make sense?? 

unlimited WiFi buy up- $130 pp

extra dining pkg- $90 pp

Starbucks $70 pp for the pkg for the week

extra excursion credit $50 or $25 pp because we only used it once.

that gets us to $315 and the cost was $350

we ate up that $35 difference in high end drinks on day one!!!  

Making money… #winning!

I often travel solo and can’t make the math work.  I don’t drink coffee so no value in Starbucks. No value with the extra excursion credit. I already get 4 FAS meals, and that is enough. I only end up using the wi-fi upgrade and it is less expensive to jus buy that..

it is a good value if you have more than one person traveling, drink coffee, and don’t have 4 meals already. 

45 minutes ago, zqvol said:

I often travel solo and can’t make the math work.  I don’t drink coffee so no value in Starbucks. No value with the extra excursion credit. I already get 4 FAS meals, and that is enough. I only end up using the wi-fi upgrade and it is less expensive to jus buy that..

it is a good value if you have more than one person traveling, drink coffee, and don’t have 4 meals already. 

Yep, we’re working hard to get the value!!  Got to drink more high end wine!! 

• Like 3