Will it be Bliss? Our first NCL Post-Covid Cruise - Live!

I stand corrected- entertainment does NOT go to midnight… Over 15 minutes till…. Sad.

why the “you go home” lights NCL??

IMG_7060.jpeg

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, L1211 said:

Wait, what happened to late night entertainment??!  Howl At The Moon used to close at 2AM. That left the Skyline Bar till 4.  There is nothing past midnight??!  Come on NCL!!

IMG_7059.png

I see they haven’t corrected their typo in the District Brewhouse blurb.  In November, I slipped and fell in Cagney’s (maybe didn’t scream my lungs out though).  The next day this was in the daily.  I found it to be 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by laudergayle
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I like the Jersey Boys.  Got a bit burned out after a few on the Pearl a decade ago, but found them very entertaining last April on a B2B.  We only watched them once.  Spent most of our evenings following Siglo around (as I've probably already told you more than once 🤣).  We also had a good Piano man from the Great White North and a great classic piano player on that cruise.  I think her name was something like Oana.  I probably butchered that.  @graphicguy may be able to help me out.

You're asking me?  I don't know if I can remember my own name some nights.  But, I do want to say you're correct, or at least close.  OONA?  OONIA?  NARNIA?  

She was quite good, though!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, L1211 said:

Wait, what happened to late night entertainment??!  Howl At The Moon used to close at 2AM. That left the Skyline Bar till 4.  There is nothing past midnight??!  Come on NCL!!

IMG_7059.png

Interesting. Does that After Glow go late?

Was sorry to read in your initial post that MSC YC disappointed. The description of the kids hasn't been our experience with 8 sailings in spring on MSC in YC. 

Enjoying your thread and the pics.  TYVM

2 hours ago, Fogfog said:

Was sorry to read in your initial post that MSC YC disappointed. The description of the kids hasn't been our experience with 8 sailings in spring on MSC in YC. 

I totally missed that the Social had music late!  I think that means I did NOT need to go out to another bar…. I’ve not been to the social- thought it was a comedy club.  Need to check it out!  

3 hours ago, laudergayle said:

I see they haven’t corrected their typo in the District Brewhouse blurb.  In November, I slipped and fell in Cagney’s (maybe didn’t scream my lungs out though).  The next day this was in the daily.  I found it to be 🤣🤣🤣

Oh that’s hilarious- not that you feel in Cagney’s, but that they they recommend it in The District!  Hope you were ok- I’ve almost taken two terrible Falls on the pool deck- caught myself both times, but they were pretty spectacular wind-ups to a fall!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fogfog said:

I think we may give MSC YC another chance.  I’m reminded that kids are everywhere during spring break cruising- ha!  Glad you’ve really enjoyed it- I hear almost all good things about them.  

• Like 1

Let’s talk entertainment. Specifically broadway style production shows. I know they are going away- Six ended just before this cruise- was advertised in the elevators early.  I also have Read along to the great demise and NCL’s downhill slide in another CC chain,  where so many see this as a natural evolution of cruising and no big deal- that makes me so sad!  

Watched Jersey Boys last night I am reminded of just how far entertainment has fallen on other lines with the nightly shows produced by Carnival and MSC - mind-numbingly slightly entertaining shows with bright Costumes, dancers, digital sets and  music with a loosely threaded “story” played out in flashy style in 45 minutes for the masses.  Swipe up for the next show.  

Jersey Boys was sooooooo much more!  It was so well done with exceptional talent.  The story beautifully performed and the music quality blew Me away.  This is something my family will talk about for years to come.  In contrast, I could not tell you the name or even theme of one carnival or MSC shows I’ve seen in the last few years.  

My family still talks about Million Dollar Quartet.  Same kind of experience - blown away! To make it even more special, That evening, Late after the show, the cast came to Howl at the Moon and performed - still in costume.  They performed as their characters from the show- Elvis, Johnny Cash and Jerry Lee Lewis (there is one more - it was a quartet, But it escapes me).  We have never had more fun as a family on a cruise ship!  My girls still talk about it-‘once in a lifetime.  Again, we’ll remember it forever.  

so, I’m a huge fan of the broadway production shows. And cutting them does decay the cruise experience- at least for my family…

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Exceptional photography gets you two trivia questions in one photo - ha! - 

- what sport is Tour de France?

- what airline does Branson own

it started with what is the “e” in email- I kid you now…. We’re not trivia buffs, always this easy?? 

IMG_7069.jpeg

• Haha 3

The girls found spots in Spice this morning- that aft view- good for the soul!  Morning  drinking cause you can…

IMG_7083.jpeg

IMG_7082.jpeg

• Haha 1

Trying to inventory all the things we have NOT  done so we don’t miss out!  Last day today…

- race track and laser tag- zero interest 

- social club and cavern clubs - new venues to us.  Had a drink at outdoor cavern club- counts a little…

- American Diner- tried for lunch a couple times, long lines on sea days and the menu just isn’t that interesting.

- Q - the girls said the vibe was kinda off for a bar- more restaurant than bar. Not a huge BBQ fan so the restaurant was not on the list.

- Le Bistro- hate that we missed this place!  It’s a favorite. We Switched to Los Lobos so we could Get a reservation with the girls, but traded down on experience, but company worth it! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Wanted to finish my review of Ocean Blue last evening-  good was great - maybe Better than Cagney’s?   Service was impeccable. Restaurant manager  Christina Sales Runs a fight ship!  Los Lobos could use a Christina…

We were a bit fast because of the schedule snag that put us in at 8 versus 7:30.  We had Jersey Boys at 9:30 and I’m so glad we made that! They worked hard to ensure we had time for all courses and paced our dinner so we made the show.  Stellar service! 

we Skipped soup and salad and shared most of the appetizers.  Hard to describe how good the shrimp cocktail was.  They were huge and succulent shrimp perfectly chilled.  Scallops were novel- the pork belly was a nice touch. The DH didn’t think it needed it, but I thought it made it special. The ahi tuna tower was not really a tower yet still more than enough to share.  Could have used a cracker for

eating. 

IMG_7051.jpeg

IMG_7048.jpeg

IMG_7049.jpeg

Edited by L1211
  • Like 2

For entree, the DH went with the filet and I had the simply prepared Cod.  We Shared potatoes and asparagus.  All were delicious.  We didn’t really gravitate toward any of the seafood special entrees - which is interesting - but what we Did have,we loved!

IMG_7052.jpeg

IMG_7053.jpeg

• Like 1

Christina got a tip and a vacation hero card for her help and service last evening.  Special and Memorable night at Ocean Blue! 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, L1211 said:

I think we may give MSC YC another chance.  I’m reminded that kids are everywhere during spring break cruising- ha!  Glad you’ve really enjoyed it- I hear almost all good things about them.  

Enjoying your thread as we sail on a TA in a little over a month on Prima. Wile the ships differ, the menus and dailies give some insight.

Re kids-- now that ours are adults, we do try to sail when other peoples kids are in school. Usually MSC YC and week long in Feb-early March which gathers more int'l pax in YC and few if any families. That said, we recently had 2 sailings and the large groups of18 adults traveling for birthday etc were LOUD and we'd ask to be seated as far away as possible in the YC dinning room...and we moved on both the lounge and pool decks to be away from them. Worse than kids.

As I understand it--kids under 16 are not to be on Haven deck/in Haven pool? Right? Isn't that the published rule?  If I remember from our early cruising days, the Carnival Serenity deck had a no under 21 rule yet may be off on that.

On one MSC YC sailing I did complain to concierge that a couple had an infant in the YC pool (children under a certain age are not allow in ship pools per health code/maritime etc) 

I was patient while mom/dad took pics of the very little/very young one... 

Yet no, I don't want to be in a pool with diaper leaks/toddle p...  Feel the same way about the other side of the spectrum in adult diapers. So I am an equal opportunity "don't p in the pool" gal.

Love you pics of the fam and glad the girls and y'all  are having such a great time. Great humor..

and no "Girl Scout Cookies -yet great engagement"

Edited by Fogfog
  • Like 1