Changes in the royal caribbean app

Hello,

Last year I could see the menu and activities of the cruises before ours to get a bit of an idea what we could expect. You could click on: select other date (or cruise?)  but when I do that now you can only add another reservation number or book another cruise.

Did they change this, or am I not looking at the right place.

thank you in advance.

We're on Vision in a few weeks. Until a few weeks ago, we could see the menus, but now they're gone.  The menu was there for our last few sailings (last was in Jan on Wonder) for pretty much the entire time we were booked (months).   We shouldn't have to go search for it on other sailings.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jomykje said:

I do that now you can only add another reservation number or book another cruise.

Once you follow that link, the option to see other ships/dates should become available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

You should see "Browse our ships" right below those two options. That will let you pick your ship (or any other) and its current sailing. If you aren't seeing that, it wouldn't be the first time the app has glitched. 🙂 

Thank you! I found it while using my Ipad. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Once you follow that link, the option to see other ships/dates should become available.

I found it! Thank you!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BND said:

We're on Vision in a few weeks. Until a few weeks ago, we could see the menus, but now they're gone.  The menu was there for our last few sailings (last was in Jan on Wonder) for pretty much the entire time we were booked (months).   We shouldn't have to go search for it on other sailings.  

You can see current sailing on Vision. But it’s 8 dayer. If your cruise will be 8 dayer then that’s what you will have.

If menu on your cruise were available to you now (like it’s configured on Quantum, Oasis classes) you wouldn’t see a real menu for your cruise. You would see a current menu which can be different as Vision does 8 and 12 dayers. This would be obvious to you as for day 8 of your 12 dayer you would see Bon Voyage (last day menu) and nothing after.

6 minutes ago, Tatka said:

You can see current sailing on Vision. But it’s 8 dayer. If your cruise will be 8 dayer then that’s what you will have.

If menu on your cruise were available to you now (like it’s configured on Quantum, Oasis classes) you wouldn’t see a real menu for your cruise. You would see a current menu which can be different as Vision does 8 and 12 dayers. This would be obvious to you as for day 8 of your 12 dayer you would see Bon Voyage (last day menu) and nothing after.

It's an  8 day SE coast and Bahamas.  We know the menus inside and out.  My point was we shouldn't have to go look for them.  We didn't have to prior to recently.  If you look at my history, you'll see we've done 8 and 12 nights several times out of Baltimore.  That wasn't my issue.  it's the fact they for whatever reason took the info out of the app.

Just now, BND said:

It's an  8 day SE coast and Bahamas.  We know the menus inside and out.  My point was we shouldn't have to go look for them.  We didn't have to prior to recently.  If you look at my history, you'll see we've done 8 and 12 nights several times out of Baltimore.  That wasn't my issue.  it's the fact they for whatever reason took the info out of the app.

Well.. as long as you know that you were seeing not your real menu, but from current cruise  that’s is fine.

They probably took it off, because people were confused why on their 12 day upcoming cruise there was nothing after day 8. Or why on their 8 day cruise there won’t be a lobster (lobster is severed on day #11 which isn’t on current 8 dayer). Maybe they planned additional dining based on what they saw and after getting on board realized menus were different and complained.

22 minutes ago, Tatka said:

Well.. as long as you know that you were seeing not your real menu, but from current cruise  that’s is fine.

They probably took it off, because people were confused why on their 12 day upcoming cruise there was nothing after day 8. Or why on their 8 day cruise there won’t be a lobster (lobster is severed on day #11 which isn’t on current 8 dayer). Maybe they planned additional dining based on what they saw and after getting on board realized menus were different and complained.

Why are you making excuses for Royal?  The entire point of this thread is that they removed the menus.

11 minutes ago, BND said:

Why are you making excuses for Royal?  The entire point of this thread is that they removed the menus.

I’m not making excuses.

I’m making a point that menus that you saw when you coyld open it didn’t make sense, so they removed it. 🙂 

We cruise 5 times a year for many years including one cruise from Baltimore a year, so I noticed it long time ago. For my upcoming cruise on March 23rd I could see a menu some times ago, but it was not menus we would be having. 

What is a point of showing menu that you most likely won’t have or will have it by pure coincidence? You can see this menu by opening current sailing. 

8 hours ago, BND said:

It's not an excuse- they may very well have not finalized the menus for your sailing. The ones you see when you look at the app are usually the ones for the current sailing. The one for YOUR sailing usually isn't actually posted until a week or so before the cruise.