Rotterdam Retreat - for POA

Been onboard 2 days now. Despite the little paper saying “a” glass of sparkling wine as one of the perks we have had 2 each both days with no apparent concern. We haven’t tried for a third because we were running into shower and cocktails before dinner time. Maybe we need to start earlier 😉

Sue/wdw1972

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, wdw1972 said:

Been onboard 2 days now. Despite the little paper saying “a” glass of sparkling wine as one of the perks we have had 2 each both days with no apparent concern. We haven’t tried for a third because we were running into shower and cocktails before dinner time. Maybe we need to start earlier 😉

Sue/wdw1972

Depending on the number of cabanas rented, they can be pretty generous. If they aren't very full, or a number of people are drinking, they are allotted a certain amount of champagne,  and usually want to make sure none is wasted.

Thanks, Sue! I'm tagging my lovely wife on this because she's the cabana connoisseur. I'm feeling like 3 is doable and 5 is a stretch goal. (5 glasses should be about a bottle.)

How does the Gelato thing work?

@Huskerchick

1 hour ago, POA1 said:

Thanks, Sue! I'm tagging my lovely wife on this because she's the cabana connoisseur. I'm feeling like 3 is doable and 5 is a stretch goal. (5 glasses should be about a bottle.)

@Huskerchick

From our 7 or 8 cabana rentals, 3 is a possibility...5 ain't going to happen.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

From our 7 or 8 cabana rentals, 3 is a possibility...5 ain't going to happen.

Challenge accepted! Of course, I can't post about it for fear of getting the guys in trouble. So look for the secret code phrase, "met our stretch goal."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, POA1 said:

Challenge accepted! Of course, I can't post about it for fear of getting the guys in trouble. So look for the secret code phrase, "met our stretch goal."

If you can still type clearly at that point. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, POA1 said:

@Huskerchick

We haven't experienced the gelato, and if they have to run down and get it I'm thinking it'll be pretty melted by the time it arrives. However, on embarkation day spoke to a guest staying on from the previous sailing and he said they'll bring the gelato whenever you ask for it (assuming Gelato is open), not just as some set time in the afternoon.  Evidently he & his wife took advantage of it a number of times.

Sue/WDW1972

Thanks @wdw1972

I know there was a freezer & fridge in the little prep kitchen area in the Retreat on the Nieuw Statendam. I thought maybe they'd store the Gelato there.

8 minutes ago, POA1 said:

Thanks @wdw1972

I know there was a freezer & fridge in the little prep kitchen area in the Retreat on the Nieuw Statendam. I thought maybe they'd store the Gelato there.

I'll see what I can find out.

Sue/WDW1972

• Thanks 1

Asked Hery this morning. He gets the gelato from the gelato place down by the Lido pool. Makes sense since they have so many flavors and not much room up here. We’ll have to do this in the upcoming days. 

Sue/wdw1972

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, wdw1972 said:

Asked Hery this morning. He gets the gelato from the gelato place down by the Lido pool. Makes sense since they have so many flavors and not much room up here. We’ll have to do this in the upcoming days. 

Sue/wdw1972

Thank you for the update. Just so you know, you're already making our vacation better. 😁 I knew about the fridge and freezer from seeing the frozen grapes on our previous cruises.

It makes sense that they'd grab the gelato from downstairs. More flavors and all that.

The one frozen thing I always fetch myself is frozen drinks. I get them at the Crow's Nest bar and immediately take them to DW in the Retreat. Speed is of the essence when it comes to blender drinks.

I agree!  A frozen drink shouldn’t be soup. No frozen grapes or chocolate strawberries in this retreat. Instead, watermelon and pineapple skewers with a plain strawberry on the side. 

sue/wdw1972

They do go to the gelato stand on the Lido deck. In fact one time we had stopped there and one of the Cabana stewards was there. He pointed us out to the man working the gelato counter and we were never charged for gelato again, no matter when we stopped by.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, wdw1972 said:

I agree!  A frozen drink shouldn’t be soup. No frozen grapes or chocolate strawberries in this retreat. Instead, watermelon and pineapple skewers with a plain strawberry on the side. 

sue/wdw1972

If they don't coat the strawberries in chocolate, what keeps the germs out?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, POA1 said:

If they don't coat the strawberries in chocolate, what keeps the germs out?

Good question. I'm thinking the sparkling wine alcohol content must take care of that.

Sue/WDW1972

• Haha 3